notesfromthetrenchesIII

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit www.notesfromthetrenches.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Monday, June 06, 2005

The Big Yellow Albatross

Taking a break from eating my bon-bons and watching soap operas on tv.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This past weekend Rob put up new clapboards on this small portion of the house and put the trim around the new picture window. A picture window he installed in the fall and we never got around to finishing before the endless winter came.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Look, there is Rob cutting a hole in the side of the house for the window, while standing on the rickety ladder and using a power saw. Notice I am standing a far distance away, out of danger in case he falls. I'm a nice wife like that.

Remember the screened in porch we paid a contractor boatloads of money to build for us, and was in danger in collapsing, well Rob fixed it.

I then painted the porch exterior and stained the steps. It looks great now and we are happy with it. This week a landscape contractor is coming to tear up our front yard, move the plants and trees, and put down grass seed, to replace the green weeds we cut short to give the illusion of grass now.

My new motto: Painting, It's Almost Like Having A Hobby, Except For The Enjoying It Part

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! That looks great!
Do you guys have any experience or are you just doing things as they come up?
It seems like you are doing a fantastic job.

I love your new motto.
I hate painting but have so much more to do yet.
They make it look so easy and fun on those home decorating shows I like to watch.

9:10 AM  
Blogger Notes from the Trenches said...

novaks8,
This is our second (and FINAL!) house we are restoring. We have not had a single good contractor experience. It has been cheaper and less stressful to learn how to do the work ourselves. Not to mention that it looks better when we do it since we are perfectionists.

We also have a handyman who comes over twice a week and does time consuming non technical projects, like stripping wood work and hanging sheetrock, etc.

10:22 AM  
Blogger halloweenlover said...

Oh my gosh! How do you look so good when your baby is only 5 months old?!? I am amazed! You are such a skinny ninny on that ladder! And buff arms! I may have to start hating you since I don't even look that good and I have zero children. 2 dogs, but since I didn't have to actually birth them, I guess it doesn't count.

11:10 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I feel your pain. Why was it again I didn't want a tract house in an addition????

11:17 AM  
Blogger K said...

Hee hee, love the motto! :)

12:09 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Man, I can't even keep up with my normal housework with two kids. Please share your wonder drug.

1:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a problem with your motto: "My new motto: Painting, It's Almost Like Having A Hobby, Except For The Enjoying It Part"

I see no children on your hip or biting at your ankles, no laundry baskets full of clothes to be folded or put away, no meals being prepared on that ladder, no screaming baby demanding you dangle a different toy every 17.3 seconds & act happy doing it, and certainly no diapers being changed there either.

What do you mean you don't enjoy painting? I enjoy anything that gives me five minutes ALONE! If that happens to require me standing on a rickety ladder, 8 feet in the air, holding a 15 lb can of paint, swiping a brush back and forth until my arms fall off, well then, so be
it. LOL! C'mon, didn't you at least enjoy the ALONE part...or are there more pictures which include "helpers" that you just didn't publish?

1:59 PM  
Blogger Notes from the Trenches said...

lin,

LOL, yes there were lots of "helpers" around me, they just were fighting over the camera when the photo was taken.

halloweenlover,

have I told you that you are my new bestfriend :-)

2:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You ruined my fantasy! :o)

2:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look darn good up there! If I could look that hot after seven children, I might consider trying it. Sadly, I can even get my ring fingers to shrink at a rapid rate these days.

5:49 PM  
Blogger Sylvana said...

I use a small roller you can paint into corners with to paint my house. It goes WAY faster!

11:29 AM  
Blogger impromptu-mom said...

I have to agree with Jordanna and Halloweenlover. How can someone with such a lithe little body have given birth to seven children? You must be lying. I bet you went out and bought them all wholesale. Your behind is so tiny! You look so great!

10:38 PM  
Blogger Notes from the Trenches said...

Wow I am going to have a new mandate at my house that all photos of me be taken of my back and from 30 ft away!

8:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home