notesfromthetrenchesIII

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit www.notesfromthetrenches.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, May 28, 2005

Painful

Description of my experience of watching my two oldest sons baseball team play today.

Painful.

Watching the pitcher allow TWENTY runs in the first inning, before he was replaced (with my son)

Painful.

Watching ground balls go between the legs of the infielders.

Painful.

Watching the outfielders stand as though glued in one spot while the ball falls equidistant between two of them.

Painful.

Watching four kids on the team, two of which were mine, give it their all while the rest of the team could care less.

Painful.

Trying to keep five other children happy, not throwing gravel, and not jumping off the bleachers during the two hour and forty minute baseball-athon.

Painful.

Watching my 52" tall 50 pound 9 yr old pitch a no hitter second inning, striking out all three kids that came up to bat. Kids that are at least 3 years older and at least a foot taller.

A five minute reprieve from the pain.

I have done my parental duty for the season. Next time I feel the urge to torture myself I will pull my fingernails off one by one.

12 Comments:

Blogger Thicket Dweller said...

Oooh! Did we play you this week? :-P

1:00 AM  
Blogger Babette said...

I see the same pathetic playing (and coaching) on the NW coast. Maybe moms of large families should boycott Little League and encourage families to return to pick-up games in the neighborhood?! Well, one can dream...

6:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Been there! Done that! I have only one child who is now twenty years old, but I love your blog and I've been reading it for quite a while. I've never left a comment because I kept thinking we really didn't have anything in common and I had nothing to say, but HEY! I'VE BEEN AT GAMES LIKE THAT! I have vivid memories of soccer games in which the other team was forced to pull players off the field because for every 5 runs they were ahead they had to play one player short. Games in which "our" goalie stared at the wildflowers in the grass while balls rolled by him into the net.

8:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have it's cool too.

7:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would also check out jetta 1996

12:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Blog! I also have a site about gourmet chocolate fundraising
. You can check it out at gourmet chocolate fundraising


Also, as a thank you for visiting my site, I'd like to tell you about a great site that is giving away a FREE DVD Camcorder! Just click the following link and enter your Zipcode to see if the promotion is available in your area!

FREE DVD Camcorder

8:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoyed your nice bra blog. You should check out this nice bra site : **SexyBedroomAttire.com**

9:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Searching around the blogs and found this one, thanks for the info, i learned something keep blogging.

Find A Dentist San Bernardino

5:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Join NOW for FREE...

The Quick and FREE Way to Get a SWARM of Visitors to Your Site!

To find out more visit: residual income site. It successfully exposes FREE information covering Traffic and residual income related stuff.

10:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, nice post. I hope you will be doing more on cause of the green house effect . Please come and check out my blog at Greenhouse Resource .
Keep up the good work!
Dan

9:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there, does anyone know of any affiliate program tracking? related sites. Ive setup a few sites with a site called Dating Solutions, for my new venture in the affiliate program tracking industry. But im eager to get going on other projects. I also found http://dating-solutions.blogspot.com/ to be useful reading, which is how i found Dating Solutions in the first place. - Excellent find, already made some money with them! Thanks for reading, Rachel x

9:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice blog!! I'm into making money in runescape and to drive traffic to my website I signed up free for this superb traffic gereating tool - I now have loads of hits to my websites and blogs. This can see your affiliate commission shoot through the roof - meaning lots of extra money coming in for you and your family. Sign up now - it's free.. Best of luck, cheers for now, dave.

1:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home