notesfromthetrenchesIII

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit www.notesfromthetrenches.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

I Can't Even Find Any Humor In It

Six hours of non stop dental work later, I am home.

And in pain.

Surprise surgery on my entire upper gumline. I generally prefer my surprises to be something sparkly, wrapped up in a small box.

The highlight of my day was when the periodontist found out I had seven children, he said that every woman should have seven children if it meant they would look so good. Which was really nice considering I have the teeth of a crack whore from being pregnant constantly for the past ten years.

But then it was a bit creepy, because why was he looking at my body when he was supposed to be working on my mouth. Of course he was older and had to wear glasses with little microscopes attached to the lenses to work on my mouth, so who knows what he actually saw.

All in all, the break wasn't as much fun as I had hoped. A massage chair can only make up for so much.

If anyone needs me, I'll be laying on the couch holding ice packs on my cheeks and questioning my will to live.

12 Comments:

Blogger Jody said...

Ouch Chris. I'm sorry! I really hate the dentist, so I can only imagine how icky you feel.

Hope tomorrow is a better day.

7:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You need to get some good pain pills next time. hmm no wait, that would not help would it.

8:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ouch! hope you are feeling better very soon and that you end up with sympathy surprises in shiny boxes.

rachel
kjsl.com/~imacmom/agog

8:44 PM  
Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography said...

Man I am sorry, that stinks. I hope you feel better in the morning.

11:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I noticed no * after crack whore this time! What about the crack whore readers? Hope you feel better this time....and I think you *did* find some humor in it! My bladder is telling me so! :)

11:56 PM  
Blogger Notes from the Trenches said...

jay,
you are right I forgot the disclaimer so I that I not offend my crack whore readership. I hope they forgive me, I was in pain ;-)

chuck,
Unfortunately nursing a baby limits my ability to use the good drugs. So tylenol and advil will have to do.

I am trying to look on the bright side, at least I can still drink coffee since it is liquid! And maybe eating only soft foods for a week will make me lose the last few pounds I have been wanting to lose.

Thanks for all the well wishes.

9:27 AM  
Blogger Karan Simpson said...

Feel better soon, Chris!

9:46 AM  
Blogger Silly Old Bear said...

Sounds like somebody has earned themselves a week away! Without cell phone access!

You don't have to fish, ya know. Just go.

10:19 AM  
Blogger MF said...

Big hugs. I hate dental pain. It's so pointless. I have to go have all of my cavities taken out and redone soon. First I had to reschedule, then they had to reschedule and now I'm not all that motivated to chase after them so that they can bring on the pain. And yes, I agree that this warrants jewelry...Oh! or a spiffy new camera ;)

12:35 PM  
Blogger Sleeping Mommy said...

You poor poor woman. I hope you are feeling better by now. I can't imagine going through that for SIX hours!

11:09 PM  
Blogger another lisa said...

awwww.... I had a long root canal last week... it was hell and I am still recovering... hope you feel better now.

10:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You blog sure gets quite a few comments. I'm going to read thru your posts and see why you are generating so much interest. Bye. Ms. San Diego cosmetic dentist

1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home