notesfromthetrenchesIII

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit www.notesfromthetrenches.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Monday, November 15, 2004

Cause Of My Breakdown



Good thing we paid all that money to have it done to code. Looks really safe, huh?

I was wrong in my earlier post, the porch is not pulling away from the house. The front support beam that holds up the entire front of the porch and supports the roof has pulled away from the joists and rest of the porch. Basically the entire front of the porch is being held up by the very end bits of those nails.

If I weren't pregnant I'd be drinking a strong alcoholic drink right now. Someone do it for me... please.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sherry said...

OMG! You have snow.. *smiles
I love the winter.
Oh, and I would be glad to take that drink for you.. LOL

12:18 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

{{{CHRIS!}}} I'm so sorry you have to deal with this. I hope you told the idiot to TAKE YOU TO COURT for the balance you owe him. Then serve him with a nice fat countersuit!

Leave the sign up and have fun with it. I'd grab a small paint brush, some dark paint and expound on it...SUCKS!!!! DOES LOUSY WORK! WILL SUCK YOU DRY AND LEAVE YOU WITH GARBAGE! Then refuse to allow him into your yard to get the sign when he wants to remove it for you. ;o)

I think you need to get someone new over there to give you an estimate NOW before anymore "weather" can affect it. LOL You don't mind standing in court all day being extremely pg do you?

I'm surprised the contractor didn't blame all your monkeys. You know how bad jumping on the floor is for the supports!

12:30 PM  
Blogger Jody said...

Oh, I am so sorry. I feel your pain. The problems, the bills, the can of worms that can be opened with restoring an old house....so stressful.

It will be wonderful when it is all done.....just hell getting there!!

12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home