notesfromthetrenchesIII

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit www.notesfromthetrenches.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, January 20, 2005

My New Best Friend

This past weekend I was shopping in Target. ( God I love that store. I am both thankful and heartbroken that the closest one is an hour away from me.) I only had my 1 yr old and the baby with me.

I was holding the baby and looking at stuff I didn't know I needed or wanted until I saw it on the shelf, when a woman came up to me and asked me if the baby I was holding was my own. This was a new and slightly odd question.

I told her he was in fact mine and anwered one month when she asked how old he was.

The she said, "Wow, how can you have a baby so young and be so small and skinny."

And then I grabbed her and kissed her.

And then I made her pinky promise to be, like, my best friend forever. I told her we could go over to their fine jewelry department and buy one of those best friend necklaces. She could wear one half of the heart and I could wear the other half.

I had some other ideas, but she was in a pretty big rush to finish her shopping.

She seemed slightly disturbed as I kept following her around the store, but I told her she is my new best friend and I will not be ignored.


*********************************************************

And now a quiz.

When your wife tries on the jeans she just bought and asks you how they look, the correct response is:

a) They look so good I want to rip them off you right here and now and have hot sex with you.

b) I am sure they will look fine once you lose the rest of the weight you gained. How many more pounds do you have to go?

c) Wow, they look great. How did I get so lucky to have such a beautiful wife as you?

d) Fine.

e) Anything else that pops into your head EXCEPT for b.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just started reading your blog and I love it! I'm a homeschooling mom of three and can relate to so much of what you write about but you make it funny and charming. Keep up the good work!
Cassi
Bella Dia

9:52 PM  
Blogger Maggie said...

I like your blog. Your writing cracks me up. I want lots of kids and a big yellow house. You are truly blessed!

2:26 PM  
Blogger Sandie said...

At least, my online friend, you can fit into jeans period! LOL... As for the quiz: (I know it's not what Will Smith really said but:) "Husbands just don't understand"

12:51 AM  
Blogger Thicket Dweller said...

I don't know, Chris. They look a little baggy on you. Are you sure you got the right size? Hey...wait a minute...have you been losing weight?

thicket dweller...waiting for her half of the best friend necklace and maybe a date to play Barbies together

11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home