notesfromthetrenchesIII

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit www.notesfromthetrenches.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Thoughts and Ponderings

  • Feeling slightly guilty for eating dinner with the baby in the sling and discovering after the meal that he is covered with bits of stray rice and bread crumbs
  • Feeling more than slightly guilty when a good friend expresses disbelief that the baby hasn't had a bath yet, but how dirty could he really be?
  • Wondering what I should call the clothes I have been wearing... pajamas worn during the day or clothing worn to sleep in
  • And a related question, how many consecutive days and nights can a person wear the same clothes... no, let me rephrase that I know how many a person CAN wear the same clothes, but how many should they? Not that I have any first hand knowledge in this area of course, just curious.
  • If the baby pees on the clean diaper while you are changing him, can you still use it or do you have to get a newer diaper?
  • Why is it that the same baby who sleeps soundly and contentedly in his car seat during the noise and chaos filled daytime will only sleep at night if he is attached to my boob?
  • Why, even though he is attached to my boob, do I wake up several times a night convinced he is dead when I never give it a second thought during the day?
  • Wondering what the world's record is for the length of time a sane person can be sick, because I think I am going to break it. I am so sick and tired of being sick and tired. I can't even stand to be around myself, not sure how my family is standing me.
  • Thinking that the toy manufacturers are working in cahoots with the twist-tie manufacturers. It is like a cruel joke opening up the kids toys to find layer after layer of twist-ties holding the toys firmly into their boxes. At one point I was tempted to tell a child that the box was a part of the toy and they had to play with it like that. But I didn't. I'm sure my fingertips will heal and grow back at some point.
  • Well, I am being beckoned to find my teeny tiny screwdriver and install more double A batteries in a toy that I will probably wish would disappear in another day or so.

14 Comments:

Blogger Meg said...

Long-time lurker and new mother (12/24) - glad to know it's not just us newbies who think good sleep=must be dead only at night.

12:09 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

I'm helplessly laughing and feeling so sorry for you at the same time. I only have an answer to one of those questions. Use the diaper. :)

2:24 PM  
Blogger Annalise said...

I can't tell you how often I found rice in my babies' ears after a meal :-) If I hadn't eaten while nursing babies though, I'd never have been able to eat at all.

And I loved the pic of Miles in the santa suit. terribly terribly cute :-)

4:00 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

What's a little rice among family. I ruined one of Mel's onesies with red wine, oops! As for bathing, does he have a hot date or something? Hmmm, now I wonder when the last time my kids bathed was?

8:09 PM  
Blogger Paula said...

I refer to those clothes as "dress sweats" and received a couple of new pairs for Christmas, so people must be getting used to seeing me in them!

You're not alone in waking during the night to check the baby attached to your boob to be sure he/she is still breathing.

Hope you get well soon!

1:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

related you're sure to find unuiqe and useful. The **Christmas** site

3:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your blog! I plan to bookmark it for future posts. back pain physical therapy

3:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi

I've created a new resource for black baby name you can with lots of information and links related to black baby name
Now I've finished I thought I look around for other black baby name sites and see what everyone else is talking about, you know get ome more black baby name ideas etc...
This blog looks pretty good, though I'm not sure my black baby name site will get this many visitors - ah well, can only but try ;)
If you have a spare moment please visit my black baby name site and let me know what you think, I'll check back here again later.

Bye
Steward

9:19 PM  
Blogger gipedan said...

Yours By Design Heating and Cooling is a full service Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) contractor based in Blaine, MN
installing residential heating and air and commercial heating and air.**Heating****Cooling**plumbing heating and coolingplumbing heating and cooling

3:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there Blogger, a real useful blog.Keep with the good work.
If you have a moment, please visit my used cannondale bikes site.
I send you warm regards and wishes of continued success.

12:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Friend! You have a great blog over here!
Please accept my compliments and wishes for your happiness and success!
If you have a moment, please take a look at my travel blog site.
Have a great day!

7:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Blogger, I found your blog quite informative.
I just came across your blog and wanted to
drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with it.
I give you my best wishes for your future endeavors.
If you have a moment, please visit my traditional kids summer camps site.
Have a great week!

8:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed the blog - post office travel insurance. A new site has been launched with plenty of bargain holidays to choose from. Bookmark http://www.bargainplace.co.uk not just for bargain holidays but for flights and transport to and from airports plus travel insurance deals and holiday clothes.

10:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

free bird house quilt pattern

4:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home