notesfromthetrenchesIII

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit www.notesfromthetrenches.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Oh Look, It's Complimentary!

I don't even know where to begin with my dentist appointment.

Should I start by describing the waiting room with it's plush carpeting, fresh fruit basket, snacks and bottled water They are complimentary, help yourself. (Note they don't say free).

Or the lovely x-ray technician and dental assistants who wear those headphones like they do at Old Navy so there is no shouting. Though it is a bit disconcerting and gives the impression that everyone is talking softly to themselves.

Or that my root canal didn't hurt one tiny little bit.

Or the massage chairs.

Or the private televisions in every room.

Or how utterly depressed I was to find out that one tooth might need to be extracted since it cracked below the gum line. Somehow that makes me feel like I am just one step above living in a homeless shelter.

Oh, but what is that to distract me and take the edge off my pain...

the lovely etched glass walls that serve as dividers for the maze of offices and exam rooms. Ooooooh Aaaaaaaaah.

Or the incredible crown molding and wallpapered ceilings.

Or the fact that they call it a dental spa, instead of a dental office. If they offered manicures and got rid of the annoying drill and bib held on with metal clips, it would be a fabulous day spa. The steaming hot cloth they gave me to freshen up with after my appointment was nice too.

What about the supervised playroom(!!!) The dentist made a point to come and tell me that all my children were welcome and she would make sure to have two staff girls in the room if it was necessary.

How about that I am in love with my new dentist, in a totally non-sexual, not creepy sort of way.

Or that I was approved for a credit line greater than the price of my first car, and it probably still won't be enough.

But I am ignoring that for now. Oh what is that? A muzak version of Paul McCartney (with subliminal messages) Sing along with me. All you need is love (and shiny white teeth), love is all you need (finance available), love is all you need (1 yr interest free).

Or the fact that I am going to have to sell my body on the street corner to afford all the dental care I need from this office. At least all my new perfect teeth should attract a higher paying clientele.

21 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Geesh, and I just looked for a dentist that didn't have blood in his hair. I must raise my standards.

7:54 PM  
Blogger Iselyahna said...

Yeesh... I thought the penguins on the walls at my dentist was cool! Note to self: Must Find Spa Dentistry. Or, you know, win the lottery and buy one.

10:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds so cool. I want a dentist like that.

10:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Chris

With all the plush fittings and staff, you must be investing in the practice when you pay your bill.
Perhaps they offer share options for bills over $5000. My dentist is the basic model and the waiting room reflects this

10:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the great comments and insights..By the way, are you looking for more information on Council Bluffs Find A Dentist ..If so here is a fantastic resource for everything related to biking and Council Bluffs Find A Dentist with information, products, articles and more..Check it out here...www.sanford-dds.com

10:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is dit een plaats over cosmetic dentists spiker en verwant materiaal te lezen?Deeply, Ellena cosmetic dentists spiker

5:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ik be�indig omhoog gaand met wat beste voelt.Earnestly, Shante naperville cosmetic dentist

8:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Die ersten f�nf Zeiten h�rte ich �ber rooster teeth, das ich wirklich nicht zu gut h�rte.Candidly, Alaine rooster teeth

10:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Searching around the blogs and found this one, thanks for the info, i learned somthing keep blogging,Beverly Hills Laser Tooth Whitening

2:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just searching around for good blogs,
and found yours, thanks for the information keep it going thx,Salt Lake City Zoom Tooth Whitening

3:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i've been looking for some very specific information on the internet and came across your post i actually learned something, keep blogging,
Tooth Whitening Orange County

9:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been searching through blogs , getting tired I found this one and I learned something thanks for the info,
Opalescence Tooth Whitening

10:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there, i like your style nice to see a blog in good use, thanks for the posts ppl read em don't worry even if they don't comment anyway, keep bloggin.

Find A Dentist In Mo

2:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was just browsing around the blogs and came across this one just thought i'd say thanks for the info.

..Find A Dentist Grand Rapids

5:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

surfaholic here, stumbled in, thought i'd say thx for that info, good read.
Santa Clarita Find A Dentist

4:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there, I'm just a retiree from Maryland cruising around the net and looking
for interesting blogs. Came across your blog and thought I 'd say hi. Good job.

Regards,
Debbie


tooth whitening wilmington delaware

5:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, I'm just a retiree from Montana surfing around the net and looking for
interesting blogs. Came across your blog and thought I 'd say hi. Looks like
you've got the hang of this blogging thing.

Regards,
Carl


home remedy tooth whitening

7:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, I'm just a retiree from South Carolina cruising around the net and looking
for interesting blogs. Came across your blog and thought I 'd say hi. Nice work.

Regards,
Jasmine


tooth whitening product

11:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, I'm just a retiree from Indiana cruising around the net and looking for
interesting blogs. Came across your blog and thought I 'd say hi. Peace.

Regards,
Shelli


tooth whitening norfolk virginia

4:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Signature

7:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

maryland house rent to own

7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home