notesfromthetrenchesIII

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit www.notesfromthetrenches.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Monday, March 21, 2005

It's A Learning Experience

Things that seemed like a good idea once upon a time, but now don't.

1) Buying a white couch. This needs no further explanation.

2) Encouraging children to learn to walk and talk. I won't be making that mistake a seventh time. Whenever Miles seems to be taking the initiative in either of those ventures I am going to push him down and tell him to shut-up. Really.

3)Teaching children their address and phone numbers. Now I can't lose them. They just find their way back home.

4) Replacing my wooden highchair with a "low maintenance" plastic one that has nooks and crannies for food to get trapped in and a cloth covered seat. I would say who in their right mind would manufacture a high chair like this, but then again who in their right mind would buy one like this.

5)Teaching children how to tell time. When I say we will do something in a few minutes, they know exactly what it means and hold me to it. And more importantly, bedtime can never be even a minute early.

6) In the same vein, buying oldest children watches that have alarms on them. Now they set their alarms for very early in the morning and have contests amongst themselves to see who wakes up first. They should start calling it the contest to see who gets yelled at by me first.

7) When potty training my sons encourage them to pee standing up.

8) Live somewhere that welcomes the first day of spring with a snowstorm.

3 Comments:

Blogger Randi said...

Hi!

I got a "new and improved" highchair for our last baby and I found it to be a huge pain! I had to take it apart to clean it at least once a month to get the fermented food out of the seat! ( I am serious when I use the word "fermented"!)

I was SO pleased the day that I put it out at the end of the driveway to let the garbage man haul it away!

4:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about buying a sand table for your 17 month old to play with in the house? Yeah, that lasted for one day after we swept up ten tons of sand! Live and learn.

7:33 PM  
Blogger Annalise said...

I have a friend who changed the time on all the clocks in her house so that bedtime would come an hour earlier. Make the timetelling thing work for you :-)

annalise

8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home