notesfromthetrenchesIII

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit www.notesfromthetrenches.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Dirty Little Secret

Rob and I have a dirty little secret. Two, or three, or sometimes even more times a week we do this.

Rob will call me on his way home from work to make sure the children will be in bed on time. He will frequently stop at the liquor store in preparation for the night's events.

We discuss it on the phone during the day, way more than seemingly educated people should.

I will stand up now and be held accountable.

My name is Chris and I watch American Idol.

I know I am not alone. There should be 29,999,999 others of you out there.

I'd like to say that I am watching the show as some sort of anthropological study on the decline of American society. But that would be lying.

And I'm frankly too busy right now. I have to get the kids to bed, clean up the kitchen, pop open my drink, and join the rest of America on the couch by 8:00pm, having my last remining brain cells sucked out by the blue flickering light. It's tough fitting my life around my new tv watching habit.

I have now lost the last shred of my smug superiority. Oh how the mighty have fallen. In one short year I have gone from a no television watching zealot, to watching pseudo-reality televsion designed to exploit vulnerable people to the fullest.

Now that I have gotten that off of my chest, I feel better.

***************************************************

This has bothered me since the beginning, yet I have never heard anyone else mention it, except for my daughter who screams "Dolly Dolly" whenever she see her perform.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


If you add a red clown nose, a blue hat, and some pony tails...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Holy crap, it's Loonette. She is a contestant on American Idol.
Everytime I see her I fully expect her to shout out, 'Time for the 10 second tidy!'

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

she's really not loonette, but she does look like her. too funny!

11:30 PM  
Blogger Notes from the Trenches said...

I know she really isn't Loonette. I was joking. But I can't help but think it everytime I see her.

7:02 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

OMG, you're so right! LOL

I missed this week's but yeah, I admit, I do like to watch American Idol. This season's contestants are really good!

9:03 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I don't get American Idol...and it would interfere with my viewing of Survivor anyway!

12:18 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Darling said...

Yeh what a dissapointment last nights Idol was. A review of the last one? Bummer. I had been planning my entire day around that one show! :)

2:44 PM  
Blogger elzie said...

it does REALLY resemble her - how funny your dd recognized that!

IF I had telly, I would be indulging too!

6:29 PM  
Blogger Julie Brooks Barbour said...

I am complete AI addict.

To me, this girl looks and sounds like Fran Drescher. She was always unbearable for me to watch!

2:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Thanks for getting my brain moving. I have been hunting for good resources about child behaviour problems and came across your site. Not exactly what I was looking for, but it got me thinking a bit, which is always a good sign! Enjoyed reading it. So I thought I would just take a mo to say thanx for the inspiration.

1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home