notesfromthetrenchesIII

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit www.notesfromthetrenches.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Dental Fun

Tomorrow I have a dentist appointment. I hate going to the dentist. So far in my life my visits to the dentist have been to put out fires.

Tooth hurts, go to dentist get it fixed. Go for cleanings now and then, but not near as often as I should. I hate that scrapey pointy tool that sounds like nails on a chalk board as they poke and scrape your teeth.

I just hate going and find any excuse I can not to go. Which is sad since I spent over four years in braces. I should care more.

Two weeks ago I made an appointment with a new dentist to go in for an assessment and plan of treatment. Sounds ominous, no?

And in that two weeks I have developed a toothache, one that today reached it's pinnacle. I haven't been able to eat anything today but body temperature water and tylenol.

So tomorrow I am going to the dentist for what will probably end in a root canal. Oh joy! Oh happiness! I can hardly wait!

And I will be leaving my husband home with all the children, including the baby, who has never been away from me and never taken a bottle or had anything but breastmilk. Oh joy! Oh happiness! He can hardly wait!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate the dentist too. I mean, my dentist is actually quite nice and all, but it doesn't make me want to go visit him. I hope you don't need a root canal. Blech.

10:17 PM  
Blogger Janis Gore said...

My dentist is a cute boy who grew up between my husband's sons.

I never regret a visit to the dentist.

But then, I've never had a root canal.

12:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Makes you kinda glad you didn't actually walk around your house hugging a chunk of chocolate the size of your torso, doesn't it?? I am "on the schedule" to get my 2nd root canal since December. I feel your pain!!

2:47 AM  
Blogger Jody said...

Ouch. I am so sorry! I dread anything dental because it always ends up costing a fortune.

I am in touch with the breast only scenario. Even at 12 months old Mia still wants only the breast. She plays with cups etc., and will take sips from a straw, but refuses a bottle and such.

Good luck tomorrow.

9:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you looking for a Implant Dentist San Francisco in your area? If so here is a fantastic resource for local listings related to Implant Dentist San Francisco with information, locations, articles and more..Check it out here...www.sanford-dds.com

3:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Je n'ai pas r�alis� qu'il y avait tant d'emplacements de comparison ceramic metal invisalign braces. Votre est tr�s agr�able, la mine aussi bien n'est pas faite en tant que v�tre.Aloha, Thomasine comparison ceramic metal invisalign braces

12:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shop at your favorite stores 24 hours a day. Why go to the mall when you can shop online and avoid the traffic

6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home