notesfromthetrenchesIII

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit www.notesfromthetrenches.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

All Purpose Butt Cream

I have a huge container of Aquafor, which I call the all purpose ointment. Actually I call it butt cream, which, in retrospect, probably was not a great name for it since I use it on more than butts.

It is great for wind chapped cheeks (the facial kind). It is great for chapped lips. Dry flaky hands or feet, this is your cream.

Mostly though I use it on the butts of the diaper wearing duo. Frequently I will be changing my daughter's diaper and she will put her little finger in the tub of Aquafor and rub it on her own lips and cheeks. Sometimes I'll suggest she put it on my lips and cheeks, just so she will lay still while I am trying to wrestle a clean diaper on her.

Today I was sitting on the floor nursing the baby and tying my 4 yr old's boots. (I can multi task with the best of them). My daughter walked into the room and I could smell she needed a clean diaper.

So I said, "Oh, do you have a poopy butt?"

I guess she just heard the word "butt" and associated it with butt cream. Because the next thing I knew she was wagging her little index finger in front of my face. A little index finger that had just visited her diaper. And she was trying to put it on my lips.

I guess it is all the same to her... goes on your butt... goes on your face...

I tried to get away with a baby attached to my boob. And to scream, without opening my mouth, because her finger was awfully close to my face. And really I don't think I could handle poop on my lips. But it is hard to scream loud enough to be taken seriously when you can't open your mouth.

A sense of humor should be a prerequisite for motherhood. That and a high tolerance for poop.

And now that I have told this story, with all it's mention of butt cream and poop covered fingers, I am cringing at the google hits I am going to get.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay...this beats any of my past poopy stories...hands down!

And you're right, if it weren't for my sense of humor, I'd probably be a raving lunatic by now. Although, my husband wouldn't know the difference ;o)

(Liz @ This Full House)

2:13 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

That is toooo funny!

I love the way kids put together ideas in their brain. A sense of humor is definitely a must for a mom!

5:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boy, my 20 month old has been doing the finger to diaper thing these days... Sense of humor a pre-req for motherhood... definitely, and you've got it! I can't even remember how I got to your site, but I read you every few days. I have almost wet my pants a few times now... your stories completely hit home... all except I only have two boys... I don't know how you do do it all, and maintain your sense of humour... kudos to you!!!! Keep on writing! You brighten my day.

4:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home