notesfromthetrenchesIII

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit www.notesfromthetrenches.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

I Am Turning Into My Mother

My mother is crazy. Not the kooky, eccentric sort of crazy, but the certifiable, should be locked in an institution receiving shock therapy kind of crazy.

One of the ways she shows her craziness is by spontaneously bursting into song at inappropriate times. And by song I don't mean real songs, but commercial jingles or obscure nursery rhymes. Basically they are songs that scream, 'I am a crazy loon', when sung outloud in public.

The first time my husband met my mother we were over at her house for dinner. We were in the middle of a conversation when she got up to get something off of the counter and suddenly blurted out, on the top of her lungs, "I love what you do for me, Toyota" and then sat back down at the table like it was a completely normal thing to do.

I have always told him that if I begin to become like her he should just kill me and put me out of everyone's misery.

Today it happened. I was shopping in BJ's. One minute I was just standing there perusing the produce and the next thing I know I blurted out, "Lunette and Molly and clown and her dolly on the big comfy couch."

Help.


5 Comments:

Blogger Gretchen said...

LOL I sang the theme song to Thomas the Tank Engine while laboring with #3; the doctor looked scared, lol, but it was the only thing I could find the words to in my head at the time LOL

I am known to start singing at odd times, too, though I try to control myself. At the moment it is generally the Cyberchase Theme.

9:39 PM  
Blogger Donna Boucher said...

I have musical tourettes too :o)
hahaha

Hey...keeps the kids on their toes!

Donna

10:55 PM  
Blogger Thicket Dweller said...

So, what, are you saying that bursting into spontaneous song is really, honestly, truly not sane? Are you telling me that my kids have actually been RIGHT this whole time?

Sheesh. What a harsh world this is.

12:45 AM  
Blogger Thicket Dweller said...

Come over and visit me on my Twenty-Four Hour Blog! If I ever leave this computer, it might actually be interesting!

11:00 AM  
Blogger MF said...

When I was reading this, I flashed on Meg Ryan singing, "I am stuck on Band-Aid brands, cuz Band-Aids stick on me" in her head while sewing up that guy's heart on City of Angels.
Does that mean I can join you in Bedlam?

4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home