notesfromthetrenchesIII

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit www.notesfromthetrenches.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

MIA

I am experiencing withdrawal.

I returned home from my weekend of shopping and discovered that someone had dropped my laptop on the tile floor. The power cord, the one I just replaced, snapped in half from the fall. So essentially I came home to find an expensive paperweight.

Rob ordered me a new one and paid to have it shipped 2 day air. I realized the extent of my problem when I was visibly angry that he didn't pay for same day shipping, or better yet, the "we'll have a trusted employee get into their car, drive without stopping, while breaking all speeding laws."

Now I have to wait for Rob to come home from work to borrow his computer. But by that time of day the kids are needy and my brain is beginning to shut down and I am hard pressed to form a coherent thought.

Anyway, my weekend was fun. I shopped until I could shop no more. Bought the children most of the inventory of ToysRus, though in a few short weeks I will be stepping over most of them and trying to remember why I thought that particular toy was a good idea.

So, yeah, this is probably the most boring entry that I have ever written. We are going to my SIL's house for Thanksgiving dinner, so I will have cranberry sauce from a can with those helpful indentations so it can be cut into perfect slices. Hopefully, I will have my computer back and running so I can write all about it. I know, you can hardly wait.

15 Comments:

Blogger elzie said...

Have a terrific Thanksgiving!

12:21 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh I would so freak out if something happened to mine. Yikes!!!

6:47 AM  
Blogger Meg said...

Ohhh, I would be mad, too! But at least you get the cranberry jelly out of a can (that's my personal favorite) to make it better, right?

Have a great holiday - too bad you guys can't come hang out with Darren and us!

7:53 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

I'd be furious about the power cord too! Good deal on the shopping, I will attempt mine on Friday. Happy Thanksgiving!

8:44 AM  
Blogger buffi said...

Um, yeah. My laptop has had a crack in the screen since July (when it was knocked to the ground) and the touch pad hasn't worked since September. My husband keeps saying we need to send it to the company to be fixed, but then I would be w/o my computer, wouldn't I? I don't like that trade off.

8:49 AM  
Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography said...

That damn other child. Pesky little thing always showing up!

Sorry about the laptop atleast a new one is coming fast just not fast enough.

Have a great thanksgiving. Is this one of the relatives that has an issue with you nursing? Was that you who wrote about it before?

9:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, how do I top Anonymous?

Anyway, you're back! You were missed.

9:11 AM  
Blogger halloweenlover said...

You poor poor thing, Chris. Perhaps you should attach a tracking device to that other child so that you can definitively pin his misbehaviors on him. Hmmm. I'll look into it.

UPS just brought my brand new laptop, which means (a) I can work from home late at night instead of being there until midnight, and more importantly (b) I can blog from home! And on weekends! YAY!

12:59 PM  
Blogger Random and Odd said...

Hope you have a great Thanksgiving.
Sorry to hear about the laptop thing. I still have the old school, on the desk type computer.

3:14 PM  
Blogger robiewankenobie said...

my internets? she is not working. the lad that was renting our attic? he left and took his internets with him. lo, it has been two weeks since i last blogged from home. right this very minute i am blogging from a friend's house. good thing. the withdrawal wasn't purty.

7:46 PM  
Blogger Alice H said...

When you said 'someone', I just assumed your husband did it.

11:04 PM  
Blogger Raven said...

MMmmmmm...Perfect Cranberry slices! Scintillating! :)

Hey if you know of anyone who has a BLOG you would consider a diamond in the rough of the million blogs that are out there let me know theblogreview at gmail.com I am trying to find some really good ones. If the Thanksgiving update rocks it may be yours. ;)

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

11:58 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I missed you! I discovered your blog this month and love it. You make me laugh so hard sometimes I cry. I'd so much rather read your posts than clean my house, although now that I wrote that it doesn't seem like much of a compliment, does it?
Anyway, I started a blog this month and was wondering if you would mind if I put you on my list of favorite blogs with a link? I don't know blog etiquette and wanted to ask first.

6:29 AM  
Blogger Sleeping Mommy said...

Oh No! Hope you are back up and running soon. I'd lose my friggin mind if I couldn't at least check email and do some blogsurfing/lurking.

Hope to hear you are no longer sans laptop very very soon.

Oh and hope you had a great Thanksgiving yesterday.

11:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christmas is just around the corner. No time to go to the mall...then do your shopping online. We sell everything that the mall sells. Shop today!

1:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home