notesfromthetrenchesIII

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit www.notesfromthetrenches.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Friday, November 18, 2005

Shout It Out

It is the chore that never ends
It just goes on and on my friends ...

Laundry. My life revolves around laundry.
It's a lot like parenting, constant, unrelenting, mostly thankless, and never done. Yet, I continue to plug away.

Well, this weekend I am going to be laundry free. And child free.*

I am going away for the weekend, ostensibly to do my Christmas shopping, but really I am in it for the quiet hotel room...
For the meals out in restaurants-- the kind where you don't have to unwrap your food or eat it off of a plastic tray...
And for being able to browse through the houseware section of stores without repeatedly saying, "Look with your eyes, not with your hands" which after saying it a few hundred times devolves into "That's touching! Do your hands have eyeballs? Yeah, I didn't think so."

So if anyone is looking for me, I won't be home. But in the meantime, feel free to throw in a load of laundry for me. I'd be eternally grateful.

*child free, but not baby free. I will have the nursling with me.

9 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Lol love the laundry definition. so true. Have a great weekend.

9:38 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Awesome! I remember when going away with just the nursing baby was such a treat. Have fun shopping!

10:14 AM  
Blogger Speckledpup said...

AM.SO.FLUFFIN.JEALOUS.

of your weekend away, not of your laundry...got enuff of my own spank you so much.

11:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy your weekend... you deserve it. :)

1:42 PM  
Blogger halloweenlover said...

HURRAY!!! I'm so happy you're sneaking away!

Have a fabulous time!!!

7:38 PM  
Blogger Meg said...

OHHH!!! Have fun!

8:00 AM  
Blogger Kristen said...

I, too, had some kid-free shopping time this weekend. Ah, bliss!

10:30 AM  
Blogger robiewankenobie said...

we tried our first shot at "out of the cart" shopping this weekend with mostly good results. i miss shopping with babies. they're so gosh darn portable...and they tend to stay where you put them. none of that chasing down giggling children in the frozen food section. not that *cough* my children would be so ill behaved.

can't wait to hear about your adventures!

12:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to admit, you seem to have a very well put together blog here!

Regards,
Canvas Laundry Bag

1:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home