notesfromthetrenchesIII

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit www.notesfromthetrenches.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, July 28, 2005

Quote Of The Day

"No when I was a child we didn't have crayons. If we wanted to color we had to make our own paints out of berries and leaves we collected ourselves... No we didn't have paper either. We had to paint on the walls of the caves in which we lived. But it really wasn't that big of deal since we were so busy eeking out our existence in the ice covered tundra, hunting mammoths, and fashioning our clothing out of fur pelts."

Said by me in response to my children's never ending questions about what things I had as a child, you know way back in the last century

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny!! When I was little, my dad would tell me about having to trudge four miles though the snow to go to school!

3:03 AM  
Blogger Just Nancy said...

The sad thing is that in the house we lived in in PA, my daughter did, literally, have to walk uphill both ways to get to school. There was a little valley on the route and the church was on a hill. This same teenager, however, is absolutely STUNNED I didn't spend all my time watching Donny Osmond videos when I was a kid.

4:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home