notesfromthetrenchesIII

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit www.notesfromthetrenches.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, July 14, 2005

In Lieu Of A Real Post

Ten random things about me that you probably don't know and could probably care less about knowing.

1) I am an only child. I hated it as a child and I hate it even more now.

2) I do not own a hair brush.

3) I have a "thing" about people drinking out of my cup, any people. If someone takes a sip out of my drink I can no longer drink it. It drives my husband crazy.

4) I only wear sneakers when I am exercising and it requires sneakers, which I do between 0 and 1 times per month.

5) I refuse to wear shorts.

6) I don't know my own cell phone number, in spite of the fact that I have had it for several years. The only person who has the number is my husband and I like it that way. Not that I have any friends who want to call me and chat. But one day I might make a friend.

7) I think call waiting is the rudest invention ever, therefore I don't have it. Neither do I have caller id. So feel free to make prank phone calls to my house.

8) I have gained and lost over 300 pounds in the past ten years as the result of being pregnant seven times. I have no stretch marks. This is the lucky result of genetics, not rubbing cocoa butter or any other lotion on my stomach. And frankly with all the crappy genes I inherited from my family I deserve this one.

9) The one time I had my IQ tested the result was 145. I am sure it was a fluke. I refuse to be retested since I'd have to stop thinking that I am a genius and that is why I am misunderstood.

10) I have always thought I was 5'4" tall, but the past few times I have gone to the doctor and been measured I am 5'3". This depresses me as I imagine I am shrinking and becoming one of those hunched over elderly women. Next thing you know I'll have short white helmet hair.

20 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! I am an only child as well... this is why i have three children - because i swore that I would never have only one child.

Why no shorts though? I mean hey, I dont wear shorts either but I wear skirts or clam diggers.

8:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am laughing because I could have written several of the items on the list . See, I think you're fine!!!

#3 (But I just can't stand it with milk,) #6, #7, #8 (What good it does since bikinis are a distant memory.....)

And, I think I'm 5'4" and my doctor doesn't measure. Thank god.

9:27 AM  
Blogger buffi said...

Well, let's just say you wear your sneakers a lot more often than I. But it is my personal belief that young children are better than any personal trainer you can find. (Up the stairs, down the stairs; now lift that toddler! and reach...)

My only stretch marks are on my boobs. The result of nursing for the 6 of the last 8 years, I am sure.

9:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Call waiting and caller ID. Bah! I hate both of them. I especially hate someone saying, "I saw that you called last night." If I had called about something important enough to leave a message than I would have left one.

9:47 AM  
Blogger halloweenlover said...

Ha! I don't hate call waiting, but I DO hate cell phones and blackberries (portable email). I never answer my cell phone and I rarely check my blackberry although work demands it. I just hate always being accessible, and honestly, I don't need to talk to people ALL THE TIME. It is okay to have quiet time sometimes.

I think you should wear shorts! You're so cute!

10:13 AM  
Blogger halloweenlover said...

oh and I'm an only child and dislike it too. There are times that I have enjoyed it, which is why I hesitate to say that I hate it, but I do wish I had siblings.

10:14 AM  
Blogger Melanie said...

I recently have come to terms with the fact that I'm not as tall as I thought I was either. I always thought I was 5'7", but I have now discovered that I'm an inch shorter. Ugh! Why does that one inch seem to matter so much?!

10:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How do you get by with the no drinking out of my cup thing?

My kids think my drink is their drink period.

My oldest daughter also feels that way and gets SO mad at her 14 year old brother when he scams some of her drink.

I grew up as an only child (have half siblings who are younger) and I have surmised that this is the reason for my 6 children.
My oldest daughter wistfully asks me often about growing up an only child.

About the phone...my husband is addicted to his cell phone. I don't even know where mine is half the time.

Our minister once told me something that stuck...
he said "Just because the phone rings, doesn't mean you have to answer it. Who ever came up with the idea that a phone call supercedes everything?"

So unless it is my elderly grandmother calling or some other such VIP call, I may or may not answer depending on what I am in the middle of.

10:34 AM  
Blogger Babette said...

You are wonderfully unique!

Regarding sneakers and shrinking: Yoga requires only bare feet and it lengthens the spine as one grows older.

I love that only your husband can call your cell phone!

11:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have no caller ID, call interruptous nor a cell phone...
and I LOVE IT! :-P

I have missed being able to make prank (we used to call them crank) calls - so I will be calling ;-)

My cup is MY cup too :-P

eli

2:58 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I also hate call waiting. I always feel like hanging up when someone puts me on hold. Can't live without caller id though-I constantly screen my calls and rarely answer the phone...and I wonder why I feel so out of touch with the outside world..hmmm.

3:10 PM  
Blogger Jody said...

#3 is so me. I cannot stand for anyone to sip my drinks at all. Even my non-alcoholic ones.

Cool to get to know you a bit more!

6:23 PM  
Blogger Meg said...

I feel like I know you so well now! :)

Sophia's going to be an only child, so I love any insight into how miserable she'll be.

Do you wear sandals or go barefoot? I love being barefoot, but Brent HATES it. Sneaks, otherwise. But barefoot if I can...

6:33 PM  
Blogger halloweenlover said...

Seriously Chris, is Bonnie trying to harass you with the Yoga thing? I am cracking up over here!

6:36 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

I say I'm 5'3" but I'm actually 5' 2 and 3/4". I'm sure one day I'll officially only be 5'2". *sighs*

I'm sure you're a genius because you're smart enough not be retested. ;)

10:12 PM  
Blogger Silly Old Bear said...

I'd be more than happy to call your cell phone, and even be your friend.

My wife used to be 5' 2 & 1/4 but I think she's just 5' 2" now. She's the youngest of ten kids and has declared that our three are PLENTY to make her feel right at home.

10:05 AM  
Blogger Annalise said...

We are the same height :-)

I own a hairbrush, though, which I keep hidden from the rest of my hair-brush-thieving family.

11:16 AM  
Blogger Sleeping Mommy said...

You and my mom have number 7 in common.

You and I? Well I too am an only child and I hate it.

Always have. It's awful lonely.

7:56 PM  
Blogger Sylvana said...

When someone takes a call waiting call it's like they are saying to you, "Hang on, I think someone more important than you might have just called". I hate it. It is so rude, I usually just hang up when they put me on hold.

12:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello there,

Well done on such a great blog.

Keep it up.

Cheers

Laser Stretch Marks

12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home