notesfromthetrenchesIII

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit www.notesfromthetrenches.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Friday, July 15, 2005

File This One Under Parenting Advice

Son: You know what I really want, Mom?

Me: No what?

Son: A cup.

Me: A cup? Like a water bottle? or a coffee cup?

Son: No, like a cup that goes in your pants.

Me: Oh. Do you need one of those?

Son: No, I just want one.

Me: Why? Are you afraid that you're going to get hit in your penis with a baseball?

Son: No. I just think it would be cool to have one.

Me: Oh.

Son: Then when I am bored in the outfield I can tap my hands on it and pretend it is a bongo drum I am playing. Wouldn't that be cool?

Son: Mom? Why are you laughing like that? What's so funny?


The moral of the story is that you must always question your children's motives. Even when you think the answer is painfully obvious, it probably isn't. This will save you untold embarrassment. And potentially save your child from being saddled with a nickname like "penis-drummer" for the rest of his childhood.

15 Comments:

Blogger Melanie said...

Thanks once again for my chuckle of the day! LOL

1:05 PM  
Blogger MamaGeph said...

Ahhh, the penis. Such a multi-functional device. Who knew it could be a musical instrument, too?

1:10 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Maybe this is a natural urge. Ds treated all to a vision of him doing just that. At least the padded bra was only obvious to me ( on dd, not ds lol.)

1:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Snort. Penis drummer. Snort.

Sadly, you are bringing out the juvenile in me.

2:18 PM  
Blogger ADish said...

Bwa-ha-ha!!! My son is only 1, but thanks for the warning!! Ha!

5:01 PM  
Blogger elzie said...

Oh Yea - :snort: here too!

5:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny.

My boys HATE wearing them.
Maybe if I tell them that they are also cool musical instruments they will like to wear them!

6:23 PM  
Blogger Laurel said...

I teach music to homeschoolers, and this is one I'll have to pass along to certain parents...will most likely NOT include this in with my percussion collection...although it does give a whole new meaning to the idea of a "rhythm instrument"! Thanks for the laugh...I always know I"ll find one here!
(By the way, I'm sure that the "145" IQ is either correct or too low!! :O) )

11:36 PM  
Blogger another lisa said...

ha! that is a great story... one of those "kids say the darndest things" moments... after having 3 girls, I still don't really "get" boys, especially the whole penis obsession thing (I didn't have any brothers)... I try not to laugh, I really do... but it's so hard.

12:11 AM  
Blogger cmhl said...

that is hysterical!!!! so cute!!!!

10:22 AM  
Blogger Sleeping Mommy said...

That is hilarious.

You are so right. You should always ask your children why. You can find out some really interesting (and hilarious) stuff that way.

7:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

okay...you made me pee my pants. I have six (3 boys and 3 girls) and they still crack me up everyday. I love your blog...back to read more. The visit to the dr made me spit root beer all over the keyboard!

3:41 PM  
Blogger Meg said...

You know, this makes me doubly glad that Sophia is a girl. I just couldn't handle baseball. Penises, yes. Penis-drumming, even. But baseball? And all its accoutrements? No thank you.

4:17 PM  
Blogger buffi said...

HAHAAHA! OMG, that was hysterical! My boys are too little for "cups," but I will definately file this one away for future reference!

1:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Thanks for your blog! It is great you are helping the community to grow by your thoughts and idea�s. I found your post on google during my search on the lastest info on child behavior problems. It took my attention, and although not exactly what I was looking for, I am glad I read it! Just thought I would stop and say thanks. Have a good day.

1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home