notesfromthetrenchesIII

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit www.notesfromthetrenches.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Four Months Old

It was a year ago I found out I was pregnant. I was completely shocked. I was still nursing and had not had a period since summer of 2002.

It was a year ago that I cried at the thought of having another baby.

And now a year has passed and I have you.

And I can't imagine life without you. I want to tell you that I am sorry. Sorry for feeling, for even a moment, that you were not as wanted as the others were before you.

Now that you are here with me you are a total joy.
You are the salve for the wounds I have endured the past few years.
You are what was missing, though I had no way of knowing that a year ago.
You are a sense of peace that things work out the way they are supposed to.
You give me hope that I am a good enough mother to have been rewarded with you.
You make everyone in this family smile and bring happiness to our hearts.

You complete us.



Image hosted by Photobucket.com

15 Comments:

Blogger MF said...

Oh! You had me at 'Hello!' :::weep:::

9:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He sure is handsome. What a sweet, gorgeous grin he has in that photo.

9:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh sheesh! I come here 'cuz you always make me laugh! Now you play with my hormonal mind! Seriously, I felt the same way with our third son. Thank you for putting such beautiful words to feelings! But--tomorrow, you better be *funny* or else! :)

10:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwww! What a sweetie!

2:05 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

We have one of those. He's going on 5 soon and still a joy.

Oh, and yours is BEAUTIFUL!

3:12 PM  
Blogger Katherine said...

Oh Chris he's gorgeous.

He's just gorgeous.

(((((((((HUGS))))))

5:23 PM  
Blogger Jody said...

Ahhhh! So beautiful!!

I feel the same way about my 4th. She completes me, too. I look at her and she affirms that all the pain and sorrow happened for a purpose!

Thank you.

5:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh My God! What a touching entry! Beautiful and so is the baby! Keep up the good work!

10:01 PM  
Blogger Blair said...

How very precious!

12:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One word....
.....PERFECTION!

12:37 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Darling said...

Beautiful, beautiful, baby!

12:50 AM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Hi
I found you via belladia.....

my goodness what a beautiful babe!! Such a nice post!
Leslie, aka www.rubber-sol.com

9:50 PM  
Blogger Laurel said...

Dear Chris,
I'm printing this one out to keep and to hand out to any mom who shares that she's pregnant and isn't sure she wants to be....what a testimony to God's grace!!!

10:15 PM  
Blogger chel said...

thank you for sharing that post with us. Utterly beautiful. I have had this same revolation with my youngest. It's nice to hear someone esle put words to this. Thank you

12:25 AM  
Blogger Tammy said...

I can't believe how you totally summed up how I feel/felt about our #3. She is our glue, our exclamation point, and forever will be the "baby"

5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home