notesfromthetrenchesIII

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit www.notesfromthetrenches.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, March 05, 2005

Update on Baby Jack

The latest news we have heard on baby Jack is that he is in critical, but stable condition.

He is hooked up to an ECMO machine, which is a machine that works instead of the heart and lungs. In an email that they sent out to friends and family they said that they have had a couple of hopeful signs of his progress, they will take any small positive signs they can get. He still has a very long road ahead of him.

When they said they are looking forward to the day he will open his eyes and look at them, well, it broke my heart. I remember how special it was to be nursing your newborn baby and have them gaze into your eyes. I really can't imagine what they are going through right now, and baby Jack is never far from my thoughts.

As far as the group B strep testing, the mother had tested negative, obviously a false negative.

Baby Jack can still use everyone's good thoughts and prayers.

3 Comments:

Blogger Cathy said...

I felt sorry for myself because I tested positive for GBS. That was selfish and stupid. Please keep us updated on Baby Jack.

11:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update on baby Jack I was wondering how he was doing. I will just keep on praying.

4:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there! One of the most wonderful experiences a young couple goes through is having a baby. However, a baby is a lot of work. "We found, A Guide for Successful Parenting.... a safe and enjoyable journey into parenting." Please Visit.

Regards

Unique Newborn Baby

8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home