notesfromthetrenchesIII

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit www.notesfromthetrenches.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

A Baby Named Jack

I was sitting here writing a blog post, watching my 9 yr old teach his 4 yr old brother how to bake a cake. The phone rang and it was Rob.

His friend's wife, the one I was buying a present for when the important bits fell out of my car, just gave birth to their first baby on Sunday. The baby has Group B strep and is very ill. They flew the baby from the NICU at the children's hospital she gave birth in, to another hospital where they will perform some kind of life saving procedure. It is only one of a handful of hospitals that do this procedure. I have no idea what the procedure actually is.

But it sounds scary. I am so sad for them. I can't even begin to imagine how frightened they are.

I am looking at my 2 month old son, who is cooing and smiling at me, and praying with every fiber of my being that 2 months from now they will get to experience this also. And that 4 yrs from now they will have a son who makes them laugh, like mine does by wearing all his underwear backwards so he can see the pictures on them. And that 9 years from now they will be baking a birthday cake too.

So if you pray, please say a prayer for baby Jack. Or light a candle. Or send some healing vibes. What ever you've got. He can use it all.

8 Comments:

Blogger Karan Simpson said...

Baby Jack will be in my prayers. Please keep us posted.

4:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have 7 wonderful children I am a praying her little boy will be well and safe and this nightmare will soon be over.

4:47 PM  
Blogger Hindsfeet said...

Praying for sweet little Jack.

6:35 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I'll be praying for the whole family. On a lighter note, I am relieved to know my 3yo is not the only kid who insists on backwards underwear for the pics. He also prefers to wear two pair at a time for unknown reasons.

7:25 PM  
Blogger elzie said...

Thinking of them, and said a prayer!

11:15 PM  
Blogger Katherine said...

We're praying for Baby Jack here Chris.

9:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Prayers of peace, wisdom and comfort for Jack's family.

10:42 AM  
Blogger Cathy said...

He is in my prayers. Did the antibiotics during labor fail to protect him?

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home