notesfromthetrenchesIII

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit www.notesfromthetrenches.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, February 17, 2005

Here Comes The Sun And It's The Fiery Pit Of Hell

I am not a morning person. It seems unnatural to me to wake up when it is still pitch black out.

And exercising before dawn, well, that should just be outlawed. My treadmill is in the sunroom off of my bedroom, an unheated sunroom, that is on the side of the house closest to the house next door. (If you look at the photo of my house, the sunroom is on the far right side, second floor, with the grayish looking windows.)

Since the room is wall to wall windows on three sides, I exercise with the lights off. I don't really want to blind all the neighbors or broadcast the fact that I am on my treadmill. I certainly don't want people to see me running and dying. The lights that come off of the treadmill are bright enough for me to see. It's running, not surgery, and I could do it with my eyes closed, and often do. I'm bringing new meaning to the phrase, "I could do that in my sleep."

Anway, this would be great except that my neighbors have not grasped the concept of curtains. They have a huge bay window in their bedroom with no curtains. They get up early and have no problem turning on every light they own, despite the fact that they have no curtains.

I feel like some sort of voyeur.

I have thought that maybe I should go over to the light switch and flick it on and off, like a sort of beacon announcing "I am here! I am here! Please refrain from full frontal nudity!" I don't even like to see myself naked anymore, let alone other middle aged people.

Not that I have really seen anything, because I try not to look at their window, even though it is a spotlight beckoning me. But it is hard not to steal glances over there, since there is nothing else to look at in the pitch blackness and running is so boring.

But you know one day they are going to be in their bedroom and suddenly notice me across the way on my treadmill and then they are going to get all weird and self conscious. I guess when they get curtains and stop waving to me I'll know that has happened.

If nothing else it has added variety to my inner dialogue.

run run run... don't look over at that bright light
run run run... this is so boring
run run run... oh, why did I look
run run run... I am so going to hell
run run run... at least I'll be thin there
run run run... I bet in hell I'll have to run for eternity
run run run... I think I am in hell right now
run run run... I won't look again
run run run... starting now
run run run... no starting now
run run run... damn

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You know, you could just go geocaching to get your exercise. I haven't run into any naked people on the trails. (yet :-)

Karen

3:54 PM  
Blogger Babette said...

Heaven is your home, but this is a hilarious post! *running to look up geocaching*

2:36 PM  
Blogger sisterscooby said...

ROFL this is too funny! I am saving this post for whever I need a giggle.

Sherri
www.upsaid.com/aptghomeschool

10:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great site here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a vision treadmill site. It pretty much covers ##KEYWORD## related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home