notesfromthetrenchesIII

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit www.notesfromthetrenches.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

The Joy of a Sick Toddler

Her screams are loud and shrill enough to cause dogs several towns over to howl in fright and make all of us in the house want to jam screwdrivers in our ears so we won't have to hear her anymore.

She wants bananas, then by God she will have bananas. So we all got into the van, with it's brand new windshield wipers, and drove 15 minutes to the expensive grocery store to get her some bananas. We just need the screaming TO. STOP.

And the screaming did stop once we got the bananas.

And some fruit snacks.
And some Fruit Loop cereal.
And some granola bars.
And some English muffins.
And some green cupcakes.
And some soymilk, because even though we have plenty at home she saw it and wanted it, and we CAN'T. TAKE. ANYMORE. SCREAMING.
And a six pack of a premium malt beverage. (okay, I picked this out, but I need something to dull the echo of screaming in my head)


Then we paid for our $60 bananas and left the store.

We arrived home and she wanted something. We pulled everything out of the grocery bags. But she didn't want to eat the bananas, the fruit snacks, the cereal, the granola bars, the English muffins, the green cupcakes, or the soymilk. (Not sure if she wanted the premium malt beverage since I didn't offer it, because I don't like to share.)

She wanted a peanut butter sandwich. Cut into 4 triangles. So she could bite the tip off of each triangle and be "Dawl Dawn".

At least the screaming has stopped.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes all the screaming makes me want to scream. Usually, it makes me want to hide.

I think my children are just unusually loud. Happy? Scream. Sad? Scream. Mad? Scream. I'll probably be permanently deaf just from living with them.

3:04 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh finally a blog that makes me LOL thankyou thankyou thankyou

4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home