notesfromthetrenchesIII

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit www.notesfromthetrenches.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Two Months Old

My Sweet Baby Boy,

You are two months old, give or take a few days. You are growing so quickly.

This month you have learned to smile, though you are pretty stingy with the smiling and we really have to work to get one from you. You have the most adorable dimples. I wish I could say that your adorable dimples were from my gene pool, but, alas, they are not. Now if you get them on your thighs, I'm sorry to say you can give me credit.



Your eyes are still blue, though I don't know if they are going to stay that way. And your thick dark hair has thinned quite a bit and left you with a receding hairline. You also grew eyebrows and eyelashes this month, which is means you don't look permanently surprised anymore.


You have become much more content this month. Though we do still see quite a bit of this face.



Mostly you only cry in the evening when you want to be permanently attached to my breast. You are a champion nurser and get so excited, snort and shake your head as you get close to the boob. No doubt you are a male.

I love holding you up to my cheek when you are hungry and you wipe your little open mouth all over it. I pretend you are kissing me. Yes, I'm pathetic.

Most people burp their babies, but we have to fart you. I take your little legs and have you run. Then I push your knees up to your stomach and you fart. Like this:



It's makes you smile. And makes everyone laugh. I have it on video too, so remember that when you are an obnoxious teenager.

Last night we were in bed. You had just finished nursing and were snuggled up contentedly in the crook of my arm. I turned to Rob and asked him if he was jealous that I got to snuggle you up and smell your intoxicating baby head smell all night long. And your father, even though he loves you very much, said he was not the least bit jealous and furthermore he didn't think you smelled that great. Maybe it's a scent only mothers can detect.

I love you, Snorty.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

He's gorgeous. :) What a sweetie.

9:21 AM  
Blogger elzie said...

Lovely, funny post - he is ADORABLE!

10:41 AM  
Blogger thatgirl said...

Color me oblivious ... I had no idea we had baby boys so close in age! He's a rockin' little specimen there. :) Congrats!

9:26 PM  
Blogger Blair said...

What a beautiful post. I too had no idea our boys were so close in age... I love the fart part! And I pretend that mine is kissing me in the same way too!

9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home