notesfromthetrenchesIII

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit www.notesfromthetrenches.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Let's All Do A Pirate Dance

Everybody clap...
Everybody sing la-la-la-la-la

The tiny Queen is sitting on the couch, wrapped in blankets, surrounded by her favorite toys, commanding all her serfs to dance along to the Wiggles. Hell hath no fury like a sick toddler.

This morning I was greeted by a vomit covered one yr old. The momentary guilt I felt when I realized it was dry vomit and that she had been sleeping in it, was overcome by my involuntary dry heaving. Is it wrong that I gave a moment of thanks that she slept through it so that I didn't have to deal with the mess in the middle of the night? Picking chunks out of your child's hair is bad enough in the daylight.

Now I am waiting for the rest of the children to fall ill and planning the menu accordingly. Hmmmm, what foods do I want to see again all over the house?






5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I'm not sure who you are but I LOVE your blog. Just found it today. Thank you. (and I have a house that is falling apart around me)

First, you MUST GET TO THE DOCTORS. Any way you can. I wish I lived near you. I would watch the kids.

SEVEN? Bless you. Four has my life sounding like yours. I can't imagine 3 more.

As for the sleeping in vomit thing. I'd have been glad too. She obviously wasn't tramatized so no problem. I'd have tossed her in the shower. Sleep is more important than cleaning vomit if the child sleeps through it.

10:32 AM  
Blogger Jordana said...

Ugh. I hope we are done with the vomit bug for the moment. If the one year old wasn't bothered enough to wake up, then I wouldn't be too concerned either. Sleep is sleep. You need it and so does the sick baby.

Jordana

10:46 AM  
Blogger Annalise said...

Huh, seems like the bug hit your house and my house at the same time! Hope the rest of your bunch don't succumb!

Your tiny queen sounds awfully cute, though :-)

Annalise

2:33 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Mine solved the problem of unaware mommy by only deeming to vomit after she was bathed and on my lap.

9:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's so inspiring to read your blog. I share your sentiments. N'ways chin up!

baby sleep pattern

4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home