notesfromthetrenchesIII

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit www.notesfromthetrenches.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Happy Birthday Rob!

Today is Rob's 40th birthday and as a present to himself he has decided to quit smoking... again.

The last time he "quit" it ended a couple months later with the entire family begging him to take the habit up again. I think these words may have been uttered "you might live a longer life, but who the hell is going to want to be around you since you are a miserable son of a b-----". I don't know who would have said such a thing. (hanging head in shame)

That was over a year ago. At the time I said I wouldn't allow him to put me and the kids through it again. I told him he'd have to go away on an extended business trip for a few months. But here we are. I will be supportive and encouraging. I will explain to the kids why he is short tempered and crabby. And I will pray that this time will be it.

If anyone wants to send no smoking prayers, vibes, and thoughts our way, feel free.

I'll also be hitting the package store with unparalleled enthusiasm and frequency. Don't they say you should substitute a new habit in place of the old one?

Updated to add: For those of you who don't live in New England, a package store is a liquor store.





4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can totally relate to the husband not smoking thingee! This is the "LAST" time I shall put me or my kids thru this! If it doesn't get any better, I shall insist on smoking! Good luck, keep us posted!

8:14 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

First, let's not disparage liquor which allows me to be a good mom (a glass of wine is healthy damn it!). Good luck to dh. Now that you mention it, since dh quit the 2 pack/day habit he has been a SOB. Of course it was 10 years ago but still....

6:33 AM  
Blogger Annalise said...

Chris, my dad finally managed to quit smoking when he visited a hypnotist. He is mortally embarrassed about this and would never admit to it but there it is - it did work for him when nothing else did!

Good luck!

Annalise

2:41 PM  
Blogger Paula said...

Wishing both you and Rob the strength to get SUCCESSFULLY through it!

9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home