notesfromthetrenchesIII

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit www.notesfromthetrenches.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, January 29, 2005

Not Just A River In Egypt

Today I went grocery shopping. When I was checking out the cashier asked for my ID for my six pack of Mike's Hard Lemonade. I was *this close* to leaping over the counter and shouting "I love you" while I hugged the poor young thing.

I gleefully handed it over and asked the teenage cashier if he wanted a date. I think I scared him... I seem to be having that effect on my new friends lately. Funny how the same thing used to annoy me when I was 19 and 20 and forced to drag out my fake ID .

I have decided to ignore the sign I saw on my way out that said they require identification from everyone and that customers should consider it flattery. I know my cashier thought I was under 21. I am also going to pretend I didn't see him card the old man behind me in line who was at least 80 and hunched over his cane.

And I know when I heard the cashier mutter that I was the same age as his mother, that he really meant to say sister. I walked out of the store a happy woman and I flung my fabulous blonde streaked hair over my shoulder. Because I don't have gray hair, not one. Those are very blonde highlights.

Denial. It is a wonderful place to live.




6 Comments:

Blogger J-Birds said...

Chris, you should meet Maryanne Stroud Gabbani at http://www.miloflamingo.blogspot.com. She writes a blog called Living in Egypt and expresses herself as clearly as you do...which is rare. Enjoy your humor and writing style. - Craig

8:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great blog! I also have a site about brunswick waterskiing camps
. You can check it out at brunswick waterskiing camps
.

Also, as a special bonus, I want to tell you about a great site that is giving away a FREE Sony DVD Handycam. Just click the link below and enter your Zipcode to qualify.

FREE Sony DVD Handycam

7:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's about that time of the year again! I found a good place to get the bolens snow blower for cheap... But there are times of the year that I think it would just be easier to live in Florida.

10:08 PM  
Blogger gipedan said...

Yours By Design Heating and Cooling is a full service Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) contractor based in Blaine, MN
installing residential heating and air and commercial heating and air.**Heating****Cooling**heat n glo gas fireplaceheat n glo gas fireplace

5:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

making new friends online

1:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

personal home page

5:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home