notesfromthetrenchesIII

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit www.notesfromthetrenches.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Friday, January 28, 2005

Icicles




My son just came to me and showed me his water bottle which is full of water that is frozen solid.

"Did you put it outside last night?" I asked.

"No, I left it on the windowsill next to my bed! We don't even need a refrigerator anymore. We can just line our food up on all the windowsills," he excitedly proclaimed.

I pondered this awhile and he spoke up again.

"Actually we still need to keep the refrigerator. You know for the things we only want a little bit cold, not frozen solid."

And as he says this I jump ahead 30 years in my mind. I picture my son talking to his own son.

"You think the house is cold? You don't know what cold is. When I was a kid..."





7 Comments:

Blogger BarbaraMG said...

That is a great picture. How cold is it for something to freeze solid by the window? Brrr!
http://seeking-serenity.blogspot.com/

12:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi. I started reading your blog a few weeks ago and I so enjoy it--partly, I think, b/c I am a 25-yr-old in NYC with no husband or children, but hope to someday. Anyway, you remind me that a) the job I do/life I lead now won't be around forever, so I shouldn't sweat the small stuff and b) if I think I'm overworked and stressed now, I have another thing coming. Just wanted to finally comment and say thanks for reminding a city living girl that there are far more important things ahead of me than what shirt to wear out on Saturday night--and for reminding me that I should definitley savor these carefree single times!!

3:02 PM  
Blogger Janis Gore said...

I'll be 48 next month, and am the youngest of seven children.

I wonder what my mother's blog might have been.

7:38 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

LOL! :)

my oldest saw this pic and wanted to make sure you know that if an icicle falls on your heart, it will kill you. So, don't let the kids lie down in the snow under icicles.

Yeah, we get those reminders daily.

8:53 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Darling said...

The old turn of the century house I grew up in had no insolation and I'm serious when I say that we had ice in our perfume bottles and one night our goldfish bowl froze solid.

11:27 PM  
Blogger MF said...

Dude. Your icicles are so much better than ours!

11:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool Blog! If you get a chance I would like to invite you to visit the following Hair Care Blog, it is cool to!

11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home