notesfromthetrenchesIII

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit www.notesfromthetrenches.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Friday, February 04, 2005

Reward

Last night Rob discovered that not only is the remote control missing, so are three bottles belonging to my 1 yr old. He can't stand such a lack of accountability. He decided it was time to call in the troops and enlist their help.

So, this morning he made a sign and hung it up on the kitchen cabinets.

Reward:
Remote Control $2
Bottles $1 each
Good Luck


I think Rob omitted the words "driving your mother insane" after Good Luck.

The children saw the sign during breakfast and were very excited. As soon as they were done eating they began an all out search.

They tore every cushion off the couch, they emptied every cabinet, they turned over every toy bin. By the time I noticed what they were doing it looked as though the house had been ransacked by thieves... messy thieves. I might go as far as to say vandals.

Did they really think the remote or bottles were hiding in the box of baby wipes? Or the drawer where I store the diapers? The diapers they threw over their heads and across the room with such abandon while their little sister clapped and cheered them on.

Nope not in the bookcase behind the books.

Nope not in the bottom of the laundry basket containing the clean and FOLDED clothing.

Being messy is so. much. fun.

Cleaning up afterward, not so much.

I told them I am reasonably sure that silly Daddy must have put the remote in his clothes drawers... or (excited whisper) in his home office. After they are done cleaning up downstairs they are going to go upstairs and search very very carefully.

8 Comments:

Blogger BarbaraMG said...

Men and their remote controls. I know men that will not even watch TV if they can't find it.
http://seeking-serenity.blogspot.com/

5:38 PM  
Blogger Jordana said...

Ack! My husband hates losing stuff too. When anything is missing it drives him absolutely crazy. If he ever tries anything like this though, I'll have a hard time deciding who to kill first -- the house detroyers or the one who incited the riot.

5:47 PM  
Blogger Earth Girl said...

What a hoot! And I thought things were crazt around my house. Just found your blog and am enjoying myself.

5:48 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

LOL!

and these posts are why i haven't nagged B too much to quit smoking...

So nice to know I'm not the only one!

7:34 PM  
Blogger Thicket Dweller said...

Do you know that, in my demented mind, I actually LIKE the thought of making that big mess? I guess that's because I know that *you'll* be the one cleaning it up, and not me. ;-)

Ask Rob what your reward will be. Tell him it'd better be a good one. Or you'll hide the whole dang T.V.

11:05 AM  
Blogger The Grouchy Old Yorkie Lady said...

Please post before and after photos of the office.

Heh.

Be careful what you wish for...

11:10 PM  
Blogger K said...

don't leave us hanging - did they find the remote?

2:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just found your blog tonight. You should put a warning about reading your posts when everyone else is in bed sleeping!! My husband doesn't appreciate being woken up by hysterical laughter. LOL

You are too funny!! :o)

12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home