notesfromthetrenchesIII

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit www.notesfromthetrenches.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, February 03, 2005

Weekend Warriors

Last weekend at the big yellow albatross, we sanded the floor of my 1 yr old daughter's room. Or at least a room that I hope is finished in time for her to use before she leaves for college.

I say "we", but really my job description entailed little more than standing around, telling my husband how hot he looked with the big manly power tool, and oohing and aahing as layer after layer of paint, stain, and varnish were removed from the floor. I tried my hand at the using the floor sander once but it flung me across the room like a rag doll and sent itself into the baseboard molding, where it left a huge black mark.

This past week I have been scraping the cracks between the floorboards with my 5-in-1 tool and vacuuming all the debris out of the cracks. This weekend will find me staining the floor and applying the polyurethane. Hopefully by the following weekend we can move her furniture in. After working on this room on and off for a year I am ready to move on.





And as my husband was upstairs sanding away I got fed up with the ugly, dirty, primary color green linoleum floor in our butler's pantry. So I took my handy 5-in-1 tool and tore the floor up. The 5-in-1 tool is so handy that I am thinking of devising a holster to wear so that I will always have it close by.





Unbelievably I can't seem to find a before picture of the butler's pantry, but you can see a bit of the green floor in the picture. It matched the color paint that is seen in the backsplash. This photo was taken after we had stripped the cabinets of their bright red paint. Yes, bright red paint. It was like a sad Christmas themed room.



This photo is from the other corner of the room where you can see the lovely green and red paint color scheme on the wall and trim. One of the many things in this house that have made us say, "What were they thinking?"



At least we are never bored here. There is always something to scrape, paint, refinish, knock down, build up, or beat your head against in frustration.

2 Comments:

Blogger The Grouchy Old Yorkie Lady said...

OK, I hate to expose my ignorance, but what is a 5-in-1 tool??

12:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

free house swap advertisement

4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home