notesfromthetrenchesIII

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit www.notesfromthetrenches.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Monday, February 14, 2005

I Will Not Get Sick

Blech. I hate being sick. So I'm just not going to get sick. Not. Going. To. Get. Sick.

I have that slightly queasy, pain in the pit of my stomach feeling. I'm not going to eat anything today. Can't throw up if you don't eat, right? Maybe this will be my new holiday tradition, a Valentine's Day fast.

On a better note, I did use my treadmill this morning. It was so early in the morning that I wasn't awake enough to know I was feeling sub par. I fast walked 3/4 of a mile and sprinted the last 1/4 mile just to make the torture end more quickly. I was going to do 2 miles, but thought I'd best ease into it and remember to bring my CD player next time. That way I'd have something to focus on, other than my internal dialogue which kept saying, 'This totally stinks', 'How much longer', 'I hate exercise.'

I considered the fact that if the day is passing too quickly and I want to slow time down, all I need to do is hop on the treadmill. Time on the treadmill all but stands still. I watch the clock in disbelief as a minute drags on for an eternity.

Run... run... run... holy crap, how can that only be 30 seconds, run... run... run... I think I may die... run... run... run... the clock must be broken

My arms are killing me now from hanging on to the support bars. There were a couple of times I could have sworn I was almost horizontal and my arms were the only thing that were keeping me from flying across the room and slamming into the wall behind me.

What, your arms are not supposed to be what keeps you on the treadmill? I should go slower? But then it will take so much longer. What? I can't hear you.

I am trying to tell myself that I will be very happy once I am consistently exercising and seeing results, the first step is the hardest, and all those other motivational and inspiring things. blah blah blah.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've forgotten that mothers at home with small children aren't allowed to be sick. I hope you don't get it too bad. As we say around here, children are just as effective disease carriers as rats. They are just cuter.

4:31 PM  
Blogger Jody said...

Did you get sick? If you didn't, you have great immunity what with all the barfing going on there.

Hang in there!

3:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you looking for image 10.6q treadmill information. I chance on your blog and its interesting. hope you find my comment interesting to recommend you to image 10.6q treadmill.

2:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great site here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a manual treadmill site. It pretty much covers ##KEYWORD## related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

9:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great site here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a landice treadmill site. It pretty much covers ##KEYWORD## related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

6:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home