notesfromthetrenchesIII

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit www.notesfromthetrenches.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

And The Third One Falls

My 10 yr old son is now ill too.

According to him he is the sickest of anyone who has ever gotten sick in our family.
According to me he is the biggest whiner of anyone in our family. (Not that I would say it to him, as tempted as I may be.)

He isn't a quiet sick child. He feels entitled to make everyone in the house feel his pain. This means he will yell and screech at his siblings who are playing innocently in the other room.
"Why are you SO loud? You better not be touching my stuff. Oh my head, it hurts when I yell."

When I suggest that he not yell, I hear "But who will tell them what to do then?"

Ah yes how would we all survive.

"It's so unfair. I always get the sickest. No one else ever feels as sick as me."

I tell him that I don't think it is neccessarily true. Everyone seems to have a turn being the worst off.

"No it is true. No one complains as much as I do. "

Ain't that the truth.






3 Comments:

Blogger Mellie Helen said...

Sounds like he's in training for when he becomes a husband who is ill. Has any woman ever known a full grown man who can be ill without being a big baby?

9:52 PM  
Blogger BarbaraMG said...

LOL Sounds like my 8 year old son. Last week he had the stomach flu. He was really quite sick but he carried on like he was just hanging on by a thread and GOD HIMSELF smote him with this terrible disease. Yup, a husband in training.
http://seeking-serenity.blogspot.com/

9:59 PM  
Blogger Annalise said...

I have one like that too :-) Maybe it's an Oldest Son thing. It's like living with a grumpy old man sometimes. This evening, for instance, the girls were being shrill near S's bedroom. My parents were almost hysterical with mirth when they heard his gloomy voice from behind the closed door saying "Silence yourselves! I need to sleep. Some of us have to get up early in the morning, you know!"

Annalise

11:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home