notesfromthetrenchesIII

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit www.notesfromthetrenches.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, December 12, 2004

Wish I Could Say I Am Feeling Better

but this cold/virus thing is killing me, quite literally I am afraid. And ofcourse now it is the weekend so I either have to wait until Monday to go see my GP or head to the Emergency Room. I am thinking that my head exploding off my shoulders may be an actual emergency so I am justified in going there.

I had felt like I was on the upswing and feeling better, despite my festive holiday eyes. But the past two days have been worse again. I think I probably have a sinus infection since the entire right side of my face is throbbing and congested. I also have what seems to be thrush. Who the hell knew adults could get it, but it is painful. I haven't been able to eat eat much over the past two days because of it.

And the coughing, dear God, the coughing. For all the coughing I have been doing I should give birth and immediately have abs of steel.

I think I am falling apart piece by piece. I feel like a 90 yr old woman sitting on the couch clutching her box of tissues, coughing up green phlegm, and bemoaning the fact that I didn't fully appreciate bladder control while I had it.

And yes, the time stamp is correct. I am up at 3:30am. I had to get out of bed to take more Sudafed and Robitussin. (both okayed by the dr btw, so no one send me hate email about it or I'll cough on you). As someone who generally doesn't even like to take Tylenol while pregnant this past week has been tough.

When I went to go pee, since I have to get up and do that 5 times a night also, I noticed blood in my underwear. I have never had "bloody show" before so I was not sure what to think. I woke up Rob to ask him and he told me we didn't need any melodrama and to go back to sleep. He loves to sleep and would probably say the exact same thing if I told him the house were on fire.

So I thought I'd sit up for an hour and see if I went into labor and thus would be distracted from my illness, or bleed to death and really be distracted from my illness. But neither one has happened and so I think I will go back to bed and try to get some sleep.

I am thinking that December 12th would be a very nice birthday though.

5 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Dec 12 is a lovely day for a birthday, or at least my #3 thinks so.

4:06 PM  
Blogger Annalise said...

I hope your cold gets better before the new baby arrives!

Though it sounds like s/he may be here awfully soon :-)

9:26 PM  
Blogger Krista said...

December 12th is a wonderful birthday! At least it has been for me.

Hope you are feeling better soon. It sucks enough to be sick, but to be sick and pregnant... yuck.

10:42 PM  
Blogger Jody said...

Oh!! Bloody show!! Sounds like you are on your way to a baby!

I was sick with bronchitis when I delivered Mia. In addition to finally starting some big gun antibiotics (would NOT let them treat me with the big guns while I was pregnant due to the immune problem I had with all the m/c's....long story), my doc ordered newbulizer treatments which really did the trick. They will fix you up!

Here's hoping that the next post we see is a birth announcement!!!

Jody

9:38 AM  
Blogger Katherine said...

Hope you are feeling better very soon and I can't help wondering if you have already met that new little person by now. I was thinking 12/12 would be a great day for a birthday, but I guess it wasn't meant to be my little guys day. Hoping it was it for you!!!!!!!!!!

8:43 PM  

<< Home