notesfromthetrenchesIII

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit www.notesfromthetrenches.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, December 09, 2004

Holiday Survey

from Zelie

1. Egg nog - yum or yuck?

I used to *love* homemade eggnog until I realized a few years ago that I have a dairy allergy. Last year I bought the SoyNog. It was good, but definitely not the same.

2. Stay up until midnight on New Years?

Most likely. Not that we do anything to celebrate, being the boring parents that we now are.

3. Prefer white or colored lights?

Must have white.

4. Favorite holiday song.

My all time favorite from when I was a small child is The Little Drummer Boy. I like lots of other holiday songs equally, but right now I really like the song Dominic the Donkey, a song that is about as reverent as Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer. But my kids all love when it comes on the radio and I love it when they are all hee-hawing along to the song. I hope that I am not the only person who has heard this song. And I must say I am slightly embarrassed to admit that I even listen to it when it comes on the radio. But I suppose all pretense of good taste goes out the window once you have children, once you have worn a macaroni necklace out in public proudly, it is all over ;-)

Whoa, way to get sidetracked there.


5. What is your tackiest holiday decoration?
I don't think I have any that would be considered tacky, at least not to anyone with children. I'll admit that the playmobile nativity set is not the height of decorating fashion and does become slightly odd when other toys from around the house gather round the manger. It is a bit disconcerting to see GI Joe tower over the baby Jesus and Woody doll lassoing all the sheep.

6. Do your kids have too much and you wonder just WHY you are getting more?? lol

Of course

7. If you celebrate Christmas, when does your tree go up and come down?

Usually our tree goes up in mid-December and we put the lights on it then. We don't decorate it until Christmas Eve. And it stays up until Epiphany.

8. Christmas again - open presents on Christmas eve, morning, or other?

Christmas morning. Can't open them before Santa arrives ;-)

9. Favorite holiday tradition?

Hmmm, this one is tough. I like our tradition of going to the tree farm and chopping our tree down ourselves and then watching the children decorate it on Christmas Eve with the requisite egg nog and holiday music.
But I also like our tradition of reading every night for Advent by the light of the candles in our Advent wreath.

10. What do YOU want for Christmas?

A healthy little baby in my arms :-)

2 Comments:

Blogger Babette said...

Lovely post! Blessed Advent! You are richly blessed!

11:19 PM  
Blogger Sherry said...

Such a precious gift.. LOL

5:54 PM  

<< Home