notesfromthetrenchesIII

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit www.notesfromthetrenches.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Friday, November 26, 2004

Black Friday

it sounds so ominous doesn't it?

Luckily I had no shopping to do, since I am done. I know I can't help rubbing it in ;-)

But I did have to take my 10 yr old to the dr this morning. All the kids have been fighting colds, but his has been getting progressively worse and he has complained the past few days of a sore throat and jaw. This morning he was unable to open his mouth wide enough to eat his oatmeal. Turns out the poor kid has tonsillitis.

So for the second time in his entire life he is on an antibiotic, first time was last year when ALL the kids had strep at the same time... and of course they ALL had their own bottles of the pink stuff. That was fun.

Later in the day, Rob and I put down the new tile floor in our master bathroom. We decided against the vinyl flooring and put down ceramic tile instead. Tomorrow we're going to hang wainscoting on the walls, hang the crown molding, paint the wainscoting, and grout the tile. Hopefully Sunday we will have the toilet and sink back in place. These projects always seem to get bigger and bigger once you begin.

I am happy to report that our Thanksgiving was nicer than expected... no one had anything remotely offensive to say and there were several food choices that were recognizable and yummy, like the traditional baked ziti dish. You know the one that the Italian Pilgrims ate.

Seeing Rob's 20 yr old niece made me thankful that I never have to go back and relive those years again. Though I am fairly certain I was not such an oppositional know-it-all.

But all in all it was an enjoyable time.

But the best thing about today is that there are still two more days left of the weekend to get things done. I am 36 weeks pregnant today... I have had my all my babies between 37 weeks and 38 weeks 2 days, so not much cooking time left. But I already told Rob I refuse to have this baby until my baby daughter's room is finished and the master bathroom is done.

The baby may end up going to kindergarten in utero, but so be it.




2 Comments:

Blogger Babette said...

Glad to hear that your Thanksgiving went well!

So many projects, so little time! My second eldest daughter and her husband are restoring a turn-of-the-century home in Albuquerque and it is definitely a labor of love.

Congrats on having your shopping finished; I haven't even begun! ;~(
belleonhertoes.blogspot.com

1:52 AM  
Blogger Babette said...

P.S. May you have need for only one bottle of pink stuff!

1:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home