notesfromthetrenchesIII

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit www.notesfromthetrenches.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, October 05, 2004

You Are Huge!

Got my first one of those today. I was shopping with my three youngest children, the others were in their weekly pottery class, and the saleswoman asked me when I was due. When I answered around Christmas, she screamed, "Oh my, you are HUGE!!! And you still have so far to go."

I really had no idea how to respond to it. LOL, it doesn't seem like a compliment though. In the past week or two I have seemed to grown a disproportionate amount. I left behind that oh-so-brief point in pregnancy when you look like you are just hiding a ball under your shirt, and have rapidly approached the beached-whale-I-think-she's-going-to-blow-up point.

What was funny though was when she asked me if all *three* of the kids were mine. When I said yes, I was hit with, "OMG you are going to have four children. Are you crazy? Four Kids?!?!" I didn't mention the other kids that weren't with me for fear she would have died of a heart attack right there behind the counter and then who would have rung up my purchases.

I had my prenatal appointment today and all is going well. I did have to deal with the annoying nurse who is on a power trip yet again. This time she yelled at me, yes actually raised her voice and reprimanded me, because I left my urine sample in the "wrong" bathroom. She told me that if I was going to use that bathroom "way over on the other side of the office" I should have carried the sample over with me.

Nevermind the fact that I had to sit in the waiting room waiting for my appointment for a good 15 minutes after I used the bathroom. I guess I should have sat there holding the cup of pee. Wouldn't that have delighted my fellow waitees.

Also had to take off my really heavy shoes again before I got weighed. I wonder what she would do if I told her I couldn't untie them myself, due to my extreme hugeness you know.


1 Comments:

Blogger Annalise said...

Annoying about the "you are huge" comment! My SIL used to look at me towards the end of my pregnancies and say things like "Yes, I guess you look so huge because you're so short. I hardly looked pregnant, even at the end ... guess it's because I'm nice and tall."

Just what I needed to hear ;-)

9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home