notesfromthetrenchesIII

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit www.notesfromthetrenches.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, September 28, 2004

We're Home!

We had a really great vacation. The children behaved incredibly well, especially on the L-O-N-G car ride. Rob and I kept looking at each other wondering when the angels in the car with us were going to be replaced by our real children ;-)

Disney World was much more fun that we had thought it would be also. The only park we didn't like was the Magic Kingdom. We think the "magic" is that walking through the gates turns seemingly ordinary adults into pushing, obnoxious, lunatics and their children into tantruming brats. I have never before in my life seen more unhappy children and stressed out adults in one place.

I'll write more about our vacation later, but I'll leave you with some random thoughts about the trip in no particular order:

Whenever the baby falls asleep in the car it will be time for one or more of the children to immediately need us to stop for a potty break.

Once you hit South Carolina on the I-95 corridor, you can buy fireworks, cheap cigarettes, and see naked women 24 hours a day, or alternatively *read* about being able to do these things on billboards every 100ft or so.

New Jersey is my least favorite state, and even though I have not been to all 50 states I maintain the position that I will not find one I hate more.

Palmetto bug is just a nicer sounding word for BIG FREAKING COCKROACH.

All buildings in the south are required to set their air conditioning temperature to match that of their refrigerator.

Slinkys are not the best in car toy, unless you like getting hit in the back of the head with them.

Never point out anything you see on the side of the road, no matter how big and obvious you think it might be, because one or more of the children will invariably NOT see it and be very upset.

Hotels off of I-95 that advertise their weekly rate are not somewhere you want to spend the night, neither are the ones that offer an hourly rate.

By the time you get your rain poncho on in the driving FL rain, you will be soaked. Don't even bother.

I am not impressed that you can count the number of children I have outloud while pointing. I am even less impressed when you count wrong.

Taking my tantruming fighting children out of line for a ride to regroup themselves is not "mean" nor does it make me a "bitch". It is called good parenting. Try it sometime.

Never put your 8 yr old ADHD child in charge of gathering up all the music CD's in the house and putting them into a CD binder for the trip. You will end up with all the reject music you didn't like enough to unpack from the moving boxes and every CD of annoying children's music you own.

Making fun of other people with your spouse really is a fun pastime.











3 Comments:

Blogger Sherry said...

Glad to see you made it home safe.

6:53 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Welcome Home! Can't wait to hear the rest of the stories. It's good to know the trip didn't drive your sense of humor away!

Hurry! Unpack and get typing! LOL

7:15 PM  
Blogger Gretchen said...

It's good to see you made it home safe and sound from any hurricanes, both inside and outside of your van! Glad to hear it went better than you anticipated. I look forward to hearing more!

10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home