notesfromthetrenchesIII

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit www.notesfromthetrenches.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Friday, October 01, 2004

Fall Rituals

Every season seems to have it own rituals that mark the passage from one season to the next. For us, fall is marked by the fun things like picking apples, going on a hay ride, picking our own pumpkins at the pumpkin patch, and also the not-so-fun things like cleaning up the yard and getting it ready for winter, emptying out all the flower boxes and flower pots and putting them away until spring, emptying pool, and doing some house maintenance, which this year means me painting another coat of paint on the new sunporch addition.

Also it is the time of year when we pre-buy our heating oil for the season. UGH. $1.59 does NOT seem like such a great bargain. It is .50 a gallon more than we paid last year. We are looking into buying a pellet heating stove for our familyroom which would supplement the heat to the back portion of the house. I am hoping that we could keep the thermostat set lower for the rest of the house, although we do keep the house pretty cool to begin with.

So this morning I am going down to our oil company and hand over my first born in exchange for heat this winter. Well, at least I would if they would take him, but surly know-it-all 9yr olds are not such a hot commodity ;-)

2 Comments:

Blogger Notes from the Trenches said...

It is giving the oil company advance payment on the oil. We bought 2000 gallons, wouldn't want a drum *that* big in my yard LOL. Our tank hold 250 gallons (I think?) and is about the size of a very small car. It lives in our basement next to the big honkin' furnace.

It is something of a gamble I suppose that the prices won't drop, but right now the going rate is $1.89 per gallon, so it is a "bargain" (hard to utter that with a straight face). The one and only year that the price dropped below our pre-buy rate the oil company honored the lower rate. But our thinking on it usually is that the price has the potential to skyrocket .50 a gallon more, but virtually no chance of dropping that much.

I wish I lived somewhere I didn't think to think about heat, though I suppose then I'd have to think about air conditioning.

1:39 PM  
Anonymous fetish beastiality sex stories said...

Hmm, I must go and clean myself up, John said and he got up, lookeddown and screamed loudly. She finds herself standing only inches from her master, flushed and panting with arousal.
cow bestiality stories
online lesbian stories
sex stories post anal
kristen archives-just incest stories
gay prison stories
Hmm, I must go and clean myself up, John said and he got up, lookeddown and screamed loudly. She finds herself standing only inches from her master, flushed and panting with arousal.

4:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home