notesfromthetrenchesIII

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit www.notesfromthetrenches.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Friday, September 17, 2004

Ode to John Denver

If you know the tune, please sing-a-long (now that I have dated myself horribly)


All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go,
I'm sitting here to let you know,
Ivan and Jeanne better stay out of our way

But the dawn is breakin', it's early morn',
The kids are waitin', they're blowin' the horn.
Time for family togetherness to begin.


Chorus
So kiss me and smile for me,
Tell me that you'll think of me,
As I test the limits of my sanity.

'Cause I'm leaving in a packed van,
with lots of Benadryl on hand ;-)
Oh boy we have far go.


They've brought every toy I think they own,
And I'm really thinking we should have flown,
For the hundreth time I'll say we're not there yet

Ev'ry mile I travel, they'll be here too
How many kid tapes can I listen to.
we still haven't left the state of Connecticut.

So kiss me and smile for me
Tell me that I'm not crazy
Pray for the children within my reach ;-)

Cause I'm leaving in a packed van
A 20 hour drive across the land
Already they are asking to stop and pee


We've been driving down the road since 4
I don't think I can smile much more
All the toys have been dropped or cast aside

How much longer 'till we see the Mouse
Has it been only an hour since we left the house
Why don't you children all take a lovely nap?

Cause we're leaving in a packed van...












2 Comments:

Blogger Sherry said...

Make sure you update when you get back. I cant wait to hear all about your trip.

9:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi
I was searching for articles on picky eaters when I came across Ode to John Denver, which is a bit weird really. I've enjoyed the experience but I'm not at all sure I've found what I'm looking for :0)

Just thought I'd say hello.

4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home