notesfromthetrenchesIII

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit www.notesfromthetrenches.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, September 16, 2004

The Things We Say

Since I have become a parent, there are many things I have said and done, and conversations I have had with my children, that I never in my wildest dreams could have imagined.

For instance,

"It is not a handle, please let go of your penis.", or

"Well, I don't have one, but I think if you pull on it too hard it might just come off. I dunno.", or

"No, that didn't happen to me.", or

"I guess cannibals think people are tasty or they wouldn't eat them.", or

"Please take the pencils out of your nose, they do not look like tusks.", or

"You are banned from using the indoor facilities today for peeing all over the wall *opposite* the toliet. Find a tree.", or

"No I did NOT tell the 3 yr old he could poop on the front lawn.", or

"Candy corn is not really made out of corn and therefore does not count as a vegetable."

But tonight I said something that even shocked myself.

"You will put on the clothes you are going to wear tomorrow and go to bed in them. And yes you have to keep them on in the morning."

Yes I have sunk to an all new low in lazy parenting ;-)









1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

When I was a kid my parents always had us sleep in the clothes we'd be wearing for the trip the next day! We'd usually leave really early so all 4 of us kids would sleep. We thought it was the coolest thing to get dressed and then go to bed. :)

I hope you guys have a fabulous and SAFE vacation!

1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home