notesfromthetrenchesIII

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit www.notesfromthetrenches.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, October 06, 2004

The Picky Eater Strikes Again

Last night for dinner I made Rachel's peanut butter chicken. My kids LOVE it, even the picky one. As he was eating it he told me that I should just put peanut butter on everything I make, because it is really good at hiding the disgusting taste of the rest of the food. LOL

Then this morning for breakfast I made rice pudding. He had eaten about three-fourths of his bowl when he realized that it had rice in it. (Um, there is a reason it is called rice pudding.) he threw his spoon down and screamed, 'I hate rice'. I reminded him that he loved the pudding a few moments ago and had happily eaten most of it in his bowl. And he looked at me and said, 'But now I know the rice is in there. I can't like it anymore because I HATE rice! I can't just forget it is there!'

There's kid logic for you.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

I just adapted the recipe from Jennifer of the Beans, but it is a FABULOUS recipe.
We eat rice pudding all the time, as long as it is called porridge. For some unknown reason, though, my middle (less fussy) child doesn't like it.
I got them to eat turnips in stew last night, though. so i'm thrilled. :)

7:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home