notesfromthetrenchesIII

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit www.notesfromthetrenches.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Monday, March 27, 2006

Screaming Uncle

There are times when I think I must be mentally impaired.

Today is one of them.

All day, yes ALL DAY, I have been trying to turn this mov file 90 degrees so that you don't have to cock your head to the side in order to watch it. And here it is 7:24 at night and I still have not figure it out. Why is it so difficult? Why? Isn't youtube supposed to be idiot proof?

It looks right side up on my computer. But apparently that is just an illusion, a mind trick, a way to mess with my already overly taxed brain.

So, um, just lay your head down on your computer table to watch it. And if anyone knows how to fix it I would be eternally grateful and happily offer up my first born son* as payment.




*please note that the son pictured in the video is NOT the one I am offering as payment. The eleven year old would be off sulking in the corner, bemoaning his lot in life, and angry that I do not remember which song he said he liked a week ago and right-now-at-this-very-minute wants downloaded on to his Ipod. And, for future reference to all those other parents out there, saying, "Well, if you really liked it that much you should have remembered it." only makes the sulking, bitching and moaning worse.

17 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm just wondering if you are going to post a picture of you in your great blue dress with the expensive bra (hopefully we won't see the expensive bra, but we'll know it's there).

8:19 PM  
Blogger saucymomma said...

Aside from the crick in my neck, that was fun to watch. Cute video, but I'm with PJ we wanna see you in the dress! Hope the wedding was fun.

9:24 PM  
Blogger Heather@ Simple Panache said...

Aww, what a dancer. A total pro on twirling the girl..This is definately the cutest..So glad you shared! :)

9:47 PM  
Blogger Jody said...

okay... my retinas exploded and I am blind now.

Yikes! What a doll. Can you tell him to wait for Mia?

10:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute video! re: rotating the .mov file ... pay for Quicktime Pro www.quicktime.com and you can rotate .mov files by accessing the video properties.

10:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG, SO cute!!!

12:53 AM  
Blogger Bobita said...

Wish I had some expert advice...

I just wanted to express how adorable your video was!

1:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes I am blonde, but this works ..... try turning your screen on it's side .... ok I did premise with "I am blonde".

2:23 AM  
Blogger Kathryn Thompson said...

Oh that is too cute. We've been planning to do video posts for a while now but I'm too scared of the PEBCAC factor myself. (computer tech support term meaning Problem Exists Between Chair and Computer)

Kudos to you for even trying. I may have the courage to do it now too. Gosh my neck hurts. Why does my neck hurt so much every time I come to your site?

3:46 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

How gorgeous!

I once took a video clip with the camera in portrait mode, and could'nt understand why I simply couldn't make it turn round. It seemed such an obvious thing to do. Then my husband - who used to work in TV - explained to me in simple language that movies are not supposed to be taken in portrait mode. Televisions and theatre screens are designed the other way around, and nobody in their right mind would EVER think of turning a video camera sideways, nor a regular digital camera when taking video clips.

Huh.

I see from comments that it's possible to pay for software that will do this (I guess they finally realised that some women DO turn their cameras sideways to get better video) but it's not standard. Apparently.

11:04 AM  
Blogger MF said...

I love the music. Atlantic Starr...very late 80s :P

12:10 PM  
Blogger Sleeping Mommy said...

Too cute.

12:10 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

My neck hurts. I think I broke it. Can I sue you?

2:23 PM  
Blogger Meagan Francis said...

How cute! Lucky for me I happen to be nursing in bed with my laptop, so your video was actually at just the perfect angle for me. So thanks for SAVING my neck!

5:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris,
We have QuickTime Pro - if you want to email me the video clip, I think I can rotate it for you and send it on back.
Kim in MI

8:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bah, I totally did that link wrong, trying to be clever with the code. But my email is in there, can you see it?

I'll do it again, less clever, I think ...

8:03 PM  
Blogger Lenise said...

You can rotate the whole screen display by hitting Ctrl-Alt and the arrow pointing towards the desired top of the display (so ctrl-alt-up arrow should restore it). Just make sure you save everything first. My cat got it to work on my computer (which is why I know this), but when I tried to pull the same joke on a co-worker, I crashed his pc. And this was not my smarter cat.

9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home