notesfromthetrenchesIII

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit www.notesfromthetrenches.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Friday, March 17, 2006

If You Never Hear From Me Again, You'll Know Why

I got this in the mail yesterday:

Why I Love My Internet Friends

Prompting the following conversation with my husband.

"Who sent you this package? How do you know you can trust her?"

"Oh, I am sure she has been pretending to be my friend for years, just plotting for a time when she could bake batches of poisonous cookies and mail them to me. Her blog, her family, her entire online personality has all been a rouse which she hid behind so that one day she could kill us all."

"It could happen."

"You didn't feel that way about the huge stack of books I got two weeks ago from Miss Peach. There could be anthrax or something similar lurking between the pages slowly poisoning us all."

"Well, that seems unlikely..."

"Just to be safe you had better not eat any of the cookies or read any of the books."

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! We must be married to the same man!

Rebel

10:05 AM  
Blogger Heth said...

But if he IS right, I can't think of a better way to die. Eating a cookie is at top of my list of most desirable deaths. Yum.

10:40 AM  
Blogger Wicked Stepmom said...

Again, my idiot factor is on high-alert today (ALL 3 kids up @ 6am today. I mean, C'mon! It's St. Patty's Day NOT Christmas!!!). At first I thought YOUR HUSBAND received the cookies and was about to post a question as to why this woman would be sending him cookies and OMG! DON'T EAT THEM b/c I clearly have watched way too many made-for-tv movies! ;)

11:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those look so delicious !

I'd be tempted to eat them even if they came with an Agatha Christie novel. LOL

11:09 AM  
Blogger MF said...

I. Am. So. Busted. ;)

I'm glad they look like they arrived intact. Dan packaged them up at work, so I was worried you'd get a box full of crumbs. :P

2:05 PM  
Blogger halloweenlover said...

J is the best! I'll come over and eat them if you need help. I definitely trust her.

2:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you imagine what you're tomstone would say - She died happy, while eating a huge plate of cookies. Not a bad way to go. Enjoy them.

2:20 PM  
Blogger Melzie said...

Tell me they have nuts in them so I can't volunteer to eat them for you! Look yummy! :)

2:49 PM  
Blogger Miss Peach said...

Oh, snap, he's onto me!

Mmm, cookies are infinitely better than books though. And a better delivery method for poison. So of the two of us, I think she's the more likely suspect... ;)

3:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just went to see J's blog and she is just one amazing Momma, you just enjoy those cookies and don't listen to that hubby of yours. I think he secretly wanted them to himself, did he offer to dispose of them for you?

8:16 PM  
Blogger Denise said...

He sounds sooo much like my husband! He thinks EVERY person on the web is evil and just waiting to mess with someone. So I say.."Um...honey, am I evil? I'm on the web and I'm not messing with anyone." MEN!

9:17 PM  
Blogger Kathryn Thompson said...

Dude. I should post my address on my blog....

Then again....maybe not.

1:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home