notesfromthetrenchesIII

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit www.notesfromthetrenches.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

It's A Sad Sort Of Love

I am having a love affair.

I walk around my house and I can not stop thinking about new lover. Every item in my home has taken on a new meaning. I look at them and wonder how much would my lover like that?

My husband is starting to become suspicious. He wonders why I am on the computer so much, hitting the refresh button over and over again.

He has taken to sneaking up on me in the house to see what I am doing. He wonders why I am sifting through unpacked boxes that are in our attic.

Yesterday he finally had enough and yelled at me, "You better not touch any of my stuff! You hear?"

Yeah ,yeah if you don't notice that your stuff is missing you couldn't have really liked it to begin with. At least not as much as my new lover will like it. And I'll deny it to my grave anyway.

I am in love... with ebay.

It has changed my perspective on the world, this addictive love of mine. I walk through my house and no longer see things. I see dollar signs. That unused tsotchke sitting idle on the counter, I can make $3.00 off of that all for about 5 hours of my time. And if I find 100 of these things to sell I might be able to buy a new pair of shoes or some other equally unused tsotchke that I will then want to try and sell for 1/100th of it's original price.

Last night I was helping my 4 year old in the bathroom when I reached over and picked something up off the back of the sink.

I held it up with a glint in my eye. "I bet I can sell this on ebay!" I declared.

"But Mommy, I need that." he wailed.

"Oh c'mon, I am sure I can make a few dollars off of this thing. What do you need this thing for?"

"For brushing my teeth. It's my toothbrush and I want it." And with that he grabbed it out of my hand and ran screaming from the room. "Daddy, help me!"


I am really quite out of control.

13 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

Just as long as you don't start selling dirty socks...

2:25 PM  
Blogger Notes from the Trenches said...

Is there a market for mismatched dirty socks? Because I could totally make a killing off of that ;-)

4:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this post made me laugh so loud. I heard Ebay IS addictive. but the reason why I don't even start is because I suck at math. and shopping. so I can't even imagine selling.

but one of my friends has been raising 4000$ since a couple of years. I've probably spent that much in one year staying home raising my kids. so I'm having second thoughts.

PS. 7 kids. you're my hero.

5:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh ebay.. My kids worry if they see me putting their stuff away. "Please don't sell it on e bay mummy. I really like it." I have once ahd to close a listing early cos some treasured piece of tat was spotted by my youngest and he was so distraught I had to hand it over. Buying is worse tho. Dh would die if he knew how many + feedbacks I have had this year alone.

5:39 PM  
Blogger blackbird said...

Selling?
On Ebay?
Buying on Ebay gives me cramps!
I cannot begin to imagine what selling would do to me.

8:25 PM  
Blogger robiewankenobie said...

okay, so now i'm dying to know what you're selling...

8:34 PM  
Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography said...

I have been thinking of selling things at my house on ebay.

Also I am going to be going part time at work in January and my mom has asked me to sell her stuff on ebay and she will pay me 50% she downsized from 8000 sq ft to 2500 sq feet so lots and lots of items to sell. she is the queen of collections, hummels, lenox, etc so I better get on the ball and learn how to sell things. so I can make me some money! Is it easy?

10:20 PM  
Blogger Debbie Penley said...

I was seeing dollar signs on a few unused but brand new books I got from a book club years back, and a few others....

Until I went to sell them and saw that I had to pay a quarter (I know, not much) to even list them. Thing is, I had checked what those same books were going for, and some didn't even have bids and were up soon, which means I may end up paying 25 cents for no one to buy the books I want to get rid of.

So then do I pay another quarter to list again in the hopes of a buys next week? And what if the book only goes for $2 after listing it 8 times? Then I break even and have given the book away...

Anyway, I wish I had something that someone might actually BUY in my house, but alas. Most people would pay not to see it even in MY house, let alone theirs...;)

11:42 PM  
Blogger Notes from the Trenches said...

I sold some baby clothes, books, homeschool stuff. My love is waning now though that I am having to deal with people who bought the stuff.

8:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey you should let us know what your ebay name is, so we could go and maybe even buy your stuff!!

7:29 PM  
Blogger Annalise said...

Bobby got addicted to eBay when we were selling stuff prior to leaving the US. At one point he woke up distraught because he'd dreamt that someone had left him negative feedback :-)

7:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

Had to write to let you know that I found your blog very useful to
me.. Could you please tell me how I could find out more?? I�d love it if I could get an RSS feed from your blog to mine.. Is this possible??

business money make fast start

8:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Free information and software on ebay summary availble at ebay summary

2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home