notesfromthetrenchesIII

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit www.notesfromthetrenches.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, August 21, 2005

Second Verse Same As The First

Just when we thought it was over, we are sucked back in. It's one of those times when I feel like the needle is stuck on the record* of my life.

Today is the first practice for fall baseball. God help me.


*Yes, I am old. It got me thinking though, at what point will this expression be completely archaic and need a footnote to explain it's meaning.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Man, I must be old too because I didn't even blink at that referrance.

11:46 AM  
Blogger Jody said...

Welcome to Groundhog day, where every day you wake up to baseball, over and over again.

We start some kind of All Stars Fall series in a couple of weeks. Oh, at the same time as soccer.....with 3 kids playing, each on a different team.

12:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bring a book for you to read and some rope to tie up your kids so you can actually read it! :)
Seriously, when your kids are older, they will reall appreciate the fact that you and Rob are/were so supportive and went to their games and practices. I'm still holding out for MOTY for you.

1:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes....we got the call the other day too.

Our church will have just one team for Fall so my son will be coached by the really intense guy my older son played for. Not intense verbally...he just likes to win, and does very well at it!
Our team is much more laid back....he scouts for players, we take who we have from church.

My husband seems happy to be his assistant coach though because he knows he will learn a lot. (hopefully my son will too)

One of the main motivations for cleaning the garage was the state of disarray of the equipment. Ours mixed with the team's....uggg. About 25 baseball bats total and I have no clue which is which.

good luck!

5:17 PM  
Blogger Notes from the Trenches said...

joy,
Nobody over the age of twelve likes baseball this much, unless they are getting paid for it.

7:53 AM  
Blogger Katherine said...

Fried Ham Fried Ham....

Ok, yea I'm old. What's your point exactly?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home