notesfromthetrenchesIII

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit www.notesfromthetrenches.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Friday, August 12, 2005

On The Road To Recovery

"Mom, do they make Lyme-strong bracelets?"

And though I snickered at him and his dramatics, thanks to google I have found that they do in fact make a bracelet in support of Lyme Disease awareness. The only problem is that it stands for many other things:

Kidney disease, lymphoma, muscular dystrophy, organ donors, bone marrow donors, ecology, environment, ovarian cancer, missing children,childhood depression, glaucoma, tissue donation, and worker safety.

Putting aside the cynic in me who questions the reasons behind publicly displaying causes you support. How is anyone supposed to recognize what you are supporting? Doesn't it make the bracelets meaningless? Also, isn't the embossed phrase: HOPE, FAITH, LOVE, just a wee bit over dramatic for supporters of work safety?

So I made my own bracelet. Now there will be no doubts.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Get yours now. All proceeds will go to a worthy charity, my beer fund.

10 Comments:

Blogger Meg said...

Chris, that cracked me up! Sheesh.

8:25 AM  
Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography said...

Is this the son that has been sick for the past few weeks?

I like the bracelet. Actually though I would not be caught wearing one. Sorry I know people love them but they are just a trend. Most of them anymore dont even support your cause especially when you buy them from the 7-11.

9:08 AM  
Blogger Darren said...

Hate the bracelets.

10:00 AM  
Blogger halloweenlover said...

Ha ha! I'll take out. Can you make a dog collar that says the same thing? Tango and Murray hate ticks too.

10:16 AM  
Blogger Jody said...

I want one! Can you get them through cafe press? :*)

10:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love it, but while i love your bracelet the rest of the craze makes me nuts. bleh.

hope he's feeling better soon.

11:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the Lime Disease. I'll be praying for you guys...

1:09 PM  
Blogger ~pen~ said...

ticks totally suck. that is the most appropriate one i have seen to date.

4:38 PM  
Blogger Notes from the Trenches said...

halloweenlover,
I just had a great idea... I could make these bracelets out of the same material as flea and tick collars. Fashion AND function ;-)

7:25 AM  
Blogger Katherine said...

Ticks totaaly suck and you and Rob are totally like Brian and I when it comes to sick kids. We actually make each other nuts.

3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home