notesfromthetrenchesIII

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit www.notesfromthetrenches.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, August 14, 2005

Quote Of The Day

"I had to eat all of them. There were only five cookies left and I didn't want one of the kids to feel left out. Honestly, I did it for them. The kids are worth the slightly nauseous feeling I have right now."

Said by me after my husband asked what happened to the five large cookies that he had last seen on the kitchen counter.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is the same reason I still lick the beaters when I make a cake, brownies, etc. Two beaters --- I have three kids. Who wants that kind of discord? It's a small sacrifice for me to make. :)

9:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The sacrifices a mother is called upon to make are many and varied.

9:28 AM  
Blogger buffi said...

You only did what any good mother would do. We have to make these sacrifices every now and then. You deserve an award, really. I know, some milk??

11:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like it! I think I've used similar logic. It reminds of what my wife says when she comes back from the mall with bags of new clothes, "It said SALE in the window." That's like the sirens in Greek mythology. It just draws her in without a choice...

3:01 PM  
Blogger Meg said...

Mmmm....cookies...and I'd eat 'em all, too. You were right to do so.

3:18 PM  
Blogger chel said...

Brilliant logic;-) We mom's have to take one for the team now and then, LOL.

4:05 PM  
Blogger Me said...

Thank Goodness I can pass up cookies. Now... if it were white cake batter? I'd be hiding behind a bathroom door with the bowl and a spoon!!! (Not sharing... hee hee).

9:53 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Darling said...

you and I must be sisters. I think the exact same thing when I eat a bunch of cookies. Bwahahaha!

11:40 AM  
Blogger rita said...

yes, and you not only were looking out for the children, but your husband, too!

11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home