notesfromthetrenchesIII

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit www.notesfromthetrenches.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, April 21, 2005

Interrupting Your Regularly Scheduled Blog Reading

Did no one else notice?
Or are you all just too nice? unlike me.

Proof reading is not a skill I have perfected.

And apparently numbers are not my strong point either as I can't even count to 21 correctly. I feel like my 4 yr old who counts to 8 and then randomly starts throwing numbers out. 1,2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 15, 17, 19, 25... when you call him on it he says that counting takes too long. Once you hit 8 it doesn't matter anymore.

I feel like my face belongs on a poster entitled, "This is why homeschoolers need more regulation."

Who knows, maybe my addition on the cost of the boxes of cereal was off and it didn't cost the equivalent of a weeks worth of groceries to buy 9 boxes of cereal.

So really it should be "How To Start The Day With Jedi Action In 24 Easy Steps". Though I would add a 25th step, one that was somehow overlooked in the initial post.

25) Convince children that contrary to what they believe, all spoons are IDENTICAL and therefore there is no reason to segregate them in various locations all around the kitchen. Because this will drive your mother insane the next day when you want to enjoy more jedi action eating but have forgotten where you hid your spoon.


Carry on.

12 Comments:

Blogger ErinMary said...

I came back to comment on your last post and found this one. I not too good at counting, so it's lost on me.

Your little girl is beautiful. My little boy turns 2 on the 26th. I shed a few good tears reading your last post.

-Erin

10:08 PM  
Blogger Lammy said...

I think Homeschooling sucks out our brain cells.....I didn't even think about adding it up. Don't even matter! LOL

11:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful writing - from the heart. Your Birthday wishes story brought tears to my eyes.

I stumbled across your blog a little while ago and thoroughly enjoy reading your post. I am a mother too - it's nice to know I don't suffer the trials and tribulations of motherhood all alone!

8:15 AM  
Blogger Jody said...

Don't worry, I spelled slime (slim) wrong in my last post. :*)

5:27 PM  
Blogger impromptu-mom said...

Chris,
I LOVE your blog. I was led here last night by a post on thicketdweller's blog and I just couldn't stop laughing or reading. In fact, I blew off all of my housework last night, and started to read your archives. I had no less than three ACTUAL,water-on-the-monitor, had-to-get-a napkin, spit-takes. I love to read things that make me laugh out loud! I plan to finish reading the rest of your archives tonight, now that the baby's asleep. I've only ever read one other blog from start to finish, and that was my dear friend thicketdweller's :). I feel honored to be wasting my only free time of the day reading your blog. You are that good!
And I'd like to add that I never proofread my posts either. I figure that anyone who is overly concerned with my grammar and spelling, probably wouldn't like me anyway, so why should I bother to impress them?

6:53 PM  
Blogger Bonvallet said...

And I came here because I laughed at a comment of yours in Michele's room. As Arnold says, "I'll be bawk"

7:06 PM  
Blogger George Thomas Kysor said...

Your blog presented a dilemma - I can't decide which post to showcase in my "Sampler" blog.

7:46 PM  
Blogger Laurel said...

It's hard to look for numbers when your eyes are watering from laughing so hard!!

10:22 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'll admit it... I never even noticed. You'd think I'd be more observant because of my writing and photography - but no.

2:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bought three boxes of cereal today - just so I could duplicate the fun at your house! I really enjoy your blog....

7:23 PM  
Blogger Thicket Dweller said...

What's wrong with your counting? I think it's just fine.

Ahem.

::posing for that poster, too::

11:20 PM  
Blogger Maeve Bradbury said...

So you have spoon issues in your house too! As for your counting - I think you suffer from what most mothers suffer from - 'maternal amnesia' - for which the only known cure is chocolate... take heart!

5:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home