notesfromthetrenchesIII

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit www.notesfromthetrenches.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, December 23, 2004

These Here Are Working Boobs...

I was whining to my husband about the sorry state of my nursing bras. I think I only have four left, and those four are hanging on by a thread. The one that I am wearing right now is 10 years old.

Rob told me I should just go buy some new ones.

But buying nursing bras isn't very exciting. They are all white. They have huge wide straps, even when they aren't needed like on a 32B. Hello? there isn't much to holster up there. And they are just plain ugly.

But I really want a nice bra and I am sure I am not alone. My wishes are not extravagant, just because I am nursing a baby does not mean I want to wear undergarments like a Pentecostal grandmother.

Then Rob said I should go to Victoria's Secret and buy some nice pretty ones.

Nursing bras are the antithesis of the image Victoria's Secret wants to promote. And so I had to let him in on the "secret". That store is all about smoke and mirrors. It's about pushing and squishing, lifting and padding. That store is for show boobs, for boobs you dress up and take to a party.

But the boobs I have are not for show. They are working boobs. And after nursing for 10 years I am not sure there is enough smoke and mirrors to help them iffen they even wanted the help.

Still, you'd think that the bra manufacturers could make something attractive and functional. Is it too much to ask?

4 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Oh, I hear you! I try to explain that my boobs are like a trusted old car. Twelve years of vailaint service, still running strong, payed for and not costing a thing but definitely dented and rusted in spots.

6:33 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

I know that not everyone likes them, but I love the bravado bras - i have my "dalmation" bra, my "cheetah" bra, etc. :) no frills though. maybe onehotmama.com has a lead on frilly nursing bras?

6:57 AM  
Blogger Sherry said...

I agree with your hubby, try Victoria Secrets. That is what I buy mine, not nursing bras though, and they are the most comfortablest (if thats a word) I have ever worn. So, I would bet they have real nice and wonderful nursing ones. And if you are planning to have more children, I am sure it will get its use for the money it may cost.

1:45 PM  
Blogger Sandie said...

Hey! I think you should check out birthandbaby.com, because she sells a wide selection of nursing bras. The smaller-chested you are, IMO, the more selection you have... Being a 38DD, I can't wear certain nursing bras without flopping around all the time!

1:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home