notesfromthetrenchesIII

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit www.notesfromthetrenches.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Should I Worry About This

My daughter has a new favorite "toy" she calls Baby. Baby is carried and dragged all over the house.

She kisses it. She pretends to feed it. She tucks it into bed. She brushes Baby's teeth and puts elastics on it's hair.

Baby has even come out on errands with us. I have to strap Baby into the van because she is so heavy and would probably be a hazard if we had a car accident. Though admittedly probably no more of a hazard than the petrified McDonald's food on the floor.

I did have to draw the line at taking Baby to bed, though.

Because Baby is a two foot tall, outdoor fountain sculpture. It used to be in one of the flower gardens in our backyard until my daughter "rescued" it.

We do have other toys in our house, really we do. I don't understand this obsession with the heavy, hard, lawn sculpture. But for whatever reason, she loves it and so I am now stuck carrying both of them around.




5 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

how cute!
my kids love the otters at my mom's pond. they carry them everywhere. she'll be a strong little girl!

4:01 PM  
Blogger Mandy said...

OMG! That is so funny and cute at the same time!

4:57 PM  
Blogger Annalise said...

I love your blog so much : it is one of the only places where I actually *do* laugh out loud for real :-)

11:53 PM  
Blogger Katherine said...

ROTFL. Hey just think she's building those muscles and will be able to carry the "new" baby around no problem.

9:05 PM  
Blogger Donna Boucher said...

That is so funny...really the strangest baby :o)
Very cute!
Donna

1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home