notesfromthetrenchesIII

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit www.notesfromthetrenches.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, October 27, 2004

The Best Part Of Baking



We like to live on the edge, salmonella and e-coli be damned.

We will eat our uncooked batter off of the beaters, the spatulas, and scrape every last bit out of the bowl with our fingers.

And then I will commence licking my baby. Because she is just so sweet.

And if I can't control myself I might just eat her right up. Starting at her chocolately cheeks and continuing right down to her chubby toes.

My 7 yr old loves this poem and recites it whenever I say that the baby is so cute I want to bite her.

Someone ate the baby.
It's rather sad to say.
Someone ate the baby
So she won't be out to play.
We'll never hear her whiney cry
Or have to feel if she is dry.
We'll never hear her asking "Why?"
Someone ate the baby.

by Shel Silverstein


(And as a side note to Annalise, the book A Light In the Attic, which contains this poem, is on the top 100 banned books list for reasons including that it promotes cannibalism. I know it gave me the idea to gobble up my baby ;-))

1 Comments:

Blogger Annalise said...

We eat raw cake too :-)

Love the poem, and omg, promoting cannibalism? lol! Have to hope that objection was lodged as a joke.

5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home